The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

The weird thing is...

The worse things go for him there, and the more their plastic know nothing fans turn on him. The more I want to defend him.

I know he's a great player. He let us down, definitely, and I have no sympathy for his plight, because it serves him right. But he's a great player.

• Like 4

On 04/08/2021 at 10:47, est1874 said:

Nevermind that - wait until Pep tells him to stop receiving the ball with the outside of his foot and learn to do it with his instep because that's how football 'should' be played.

He will now be coached within an inch of his life and he will hate every minute of it.

*coughs*

• Like 3

4 hours ago, a m ole said:

I don’t think it’s crazy to say Guardiola should be getting way more out of him, it’s not all his issue.

100 million Pepsi should be making the greatest footballer in history 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Genie said:

So he’s being paid a fortune, getting game time, on his way to multiple trophies and having it large off the pitch with his mates. Sounds like he will be full of regrets about how this move is playing out.

Only half the picture mate. And I wish him well still. I don't think he'll be truly happy being a spare part of a trophy. One that people start to resent too, they were booing him yesterday also. 

Edited by AVTuco

6 hours ago, Zatman said:

I would say thats his City career rating so far. 

Is some stubborn Villa fans that think he has been awesome to prove a point 

I havent seen one post that says Jack has been awesome. Can you quote one please?

• Like 1

Fan stats on BBC have Grealish as the worst player on the pitch, with 4.8/10 - the next lowest Man City player is Jesus on 5.98. Whoscored have him at 6.8/10 as the third worst City player, and Sofascore have him at 6.7/10 and the worst city player (and only 4 worse Brentford players). It was a very poor game from him, but I think the fan ratings probably tell a story of the expecations of a £100m player. He doesn't look worth half that in a City shirt. 

48 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Only half the picture mate. And I wish him well still. I don't think he'll be truly happy being a spare part of a trophy. One that people start to resent too, they were booing him yesterday also. 

I agree. The 2 things we  know about him is that he hates not playing. And that he likes the limelight on him. Football moves on quickly and he is turning from Gazza to Darren Anderton .  All those Vogue articles in the summer are long gone . 

4 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

I agree. The 2 things we  know about him is that he hates not playing. And that he likes the limelight on him. Football moves on quickly and he is turning from Gazza to Darren Anderton .  All those Vogue articles in the summer are long gone . 

Darren Anderton… ha brilliant, there’s a player for the players you’ve forgotten about thread right there!

Edited by Tommo_b
  • Like 1

When Ferran Torres wanted to leave, pep said that City never stand in the way of a player if he wants out.

I don’t know how true that is, but it would be very interesting if Grealish wanted to leave at the end of the season. I don’t know Jack and if it’s purely money that floats his boat then he’ll stay, but I could potentially see part of him wanting to come back and play for Villa sooner rather than later. 

If there is a deal to be done, I wonder if we’d be interested? 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

When Ferran Torres wanted to leave, pep said that City never stand in the way of a player if he wants out.

I don’t know how true that is, but it would be very interesting if Grealish wanted to leave at the end of the season. I don’t know Jack and if it’s purely money that floats his boat then he’ll stay, but I could potentially see part of him wanting to come back and play for Villa sooner rather than later. 

I don't think there's any chance he'd want to come back. He's got a 6 year deal, I can't see him leaving after 1. 

7 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Humble pie with Purslow? Would Gerrard take him?  I’m not sure.

Personally, I think we as a club are done with Jack for now and I can’t see there being a deal to be done next summer.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I dont think we would. We have pretty much wrote him out of our history over the last few months 

I dont think Gerrard would take him either 

• Like 1

Citeh, like any top club need to renew their squad with the top talent every season. That they could throw £100 mill at JG and probably also Kane if they had their way just shows how powerful they are. They will win the league again because they have a better squad than anyone else and the best manager. JG went there for all these reasons, he wanted to be a part of what he perceives as the 'best' - so it's absolutely hilarious his performance levels are now that of a robot - he literally sold his soul. 

Â