The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

sir_gary_cahill

26 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

In what way was that Stones. He had a split second to make a decision. Rock and hard place.  No matter what he did he was going to look stupid the second Sterling lost the ball.

I can almost hear you sigh, Op probably has mixed emotions, same good play just can't be.

12 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Why in God's name would you drop Shaw. He is off the back of POTS, tops the league for chances created from fullback and was absolutely expeceptional yesterday. You could see the second goal how much he was growing in confidence in pushing high and engaging Germany.

Maguire was exceptional too.

4 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

I'd be dropping Trippier. If GS wants to keep the 523 formation has to drop Saka. 

Listening to TalkSport this morning - Ally McCoist said he doesn't want Grealish to be given the Super sub role and should he starting. 

Andros Townsend and the host were baffled saying Saka can't be dropped he played well. 

He played well yes but Grealish came on and did better changing the game. He is England's top assister played 115 minutes. You can't not play him. 

Yeah I flipped a coin in the end between Trippier and Shaw, but my main reasoning was Trippier for set pieces won by Jack being fouled and we know that Saka loves Jack and would link up better with him imo, tough on Shaw as he did well and linked with Jack well but saka might be even better. But you could go either way, we did well but we were all very frustrated for an hour so we CAN do even better. I'd also drop Phillips for Mount. 

50 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Maguire was exceptional, some of you need to be a little more objective.

It's good to see England beat Germany and deserve it.

Jack is class, I hope we make him an offer to reward his quality.

I agree and I was being ultra critical as we should be because for an hour we were very frustrated, as bad as Germany were we were not much better for an hour.

We need to be better to beat France Belgium Italy and Spain cos France are out🤦‍♂️

I'm not a Pickford fan but that was the best I've seen him so it's between him and Jack, who flipped the game on its head, for MOTM.

Edited by Phil Silvers

He's doing great this tournament and is being used right by Southgate I feel. He might start in a QF or SF if a team will sit deeper and avoid giving England a goal more than trying to win. That is wise play now as England don't score much and you can set out defensively for a game and only later in second half will England bring on attacking players. So start Grealish Kane Mount and Sterling and try win the game against Ukraine.

I think it's important we hold onto Jack for next season. Invest as best as we can around him. Then if/when he leaves for City we get that £120m+ and have the squad in a better place, we can reinvest some in early next summer (or have Barry and Chukwuemeka showing they are at the level needed) otherwise we'll be be quoted silly prices for any player.

2 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I keep seeing commentators say this, but wouldn't it be much nicer to just dictate the game from the beginning? If you're bringing on someone to change the game it's because the games not going well. 

Would Portugal bring on Ronaldo to change the game? Would Argentina bring on Messi to change the game? 

You start your best team. 

I agree however I wonder how much fitness is an issue here. As much as everyone was convinced he wouldnt play I always felt he'd play an hour yesterday. I just wasn't sure if it'd be the first hour or the last (assuming extra time). In the end he only needed 30 mins. 

Given his recovery from injury I don't think Southgate feels he has much more than an hour of full pelt play in him. Whether that's true or not I'm not sure. However I see the sense in using that time when players are tired both mentally and physically. His quality, composure and decision making can really hit home then. 

That said, of course I'd start him on Saturday. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I agree and I was being ultra critical as we should be because for an hour we were very frustrated, as bad as Germany were we were not much better for an hour.

We need to be better to beat France Belgium Italy.

I'm not a Pickford fan but that was the best I've seen him so it's between him and Jack, who flipped the game on its head, for MOTM.

I would fancy us against France in all fairness

• Haha 3

most of the pundits do my head in started turning the programme off before and after the game, they say saka cant be dropped because he played well yet jack had played well in every england game hes played in but gets dropped eveytime ?????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Follyfoot said:

Talk about putting a dampner on proceedings. The Mrs has been ‘thinking’ overnight and in her opinion Jack Is definitely off and she would think more of him if he did go (both lads bedrooms are Grealish shrines)

Always think it’s a terrible shame when children lose there mother

*their

You're welcome. 

• Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I wish he would sign a new contract before he continues to impress for England.  All this exposure will persuade City to pay very big money for him. 

With all respect, I seriously dislike posts like this. Why would you want to persuade city to anything other than F*** off?!

We've got our own club to think about, flogging the crown jewels shouldn't be considered never mind encouraged.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

Â