The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I'm calling it now;

I've been following Aston Villa, closely, since 1992. He's the best attacking player I've seen play for us in that time. He's 19, he's going to go on to be one of the best we've ever had.

I know it's obvious I'm a huge fan, but I hadn't realised myself just how much until now. I imagine myself worshipping him the way the older lot worship Brian Little.

• Like 2

Completely agree. Easily going to win our player of the year and could see him in an England shirt this year. The big clubs will be in for him next summer.

And hopefully he tells them "**** off I'm Villa to the core."

Edited by a m ole

Chelsea fan (to me) today: "You have to learn you are a small fish, Jack is just with you till we can get him - it's only a matter of time"

What a word removed.

But he's certainly making other fans sit up and take notice.

I'm calling it now;

I've been following Aston Villa, closely, since 1992. He's the best attacking player I've seen play for us in that time. He's 19, he's going to go on to be one of the best we've ever had.

I know it's obvious I'm a huge fan, but I hadn't realised myself just how much until now. I imagine myself worshipping him the way the older lot worship Brian Little.

Not dissimilar in style, but he'll need to add goals to his game before he can be compared with He Who Walked On Water.
  • Like 2

I'm calling it now;

Not dissimilar in style, but he'll need to add goals to his game before he can be compared with He Who Walked On Water.

Goals will come. I think once he gets his first, there will be plenty more.

Chelsea fan (to me) today: "You have to learn you are a small fish, Jack is just with you till we can get him - it's only a matter of time"

What a word removed.

I hope you punched the prick in the throat.

I'm calling it now;

I suppose I meant more in the way I will think of him, as in walking on water. Though I do think 8-10 goals a season should be his minimum aim.

Another aside - I think we've finally replaced Merson it only took 15 years. I think he'll be better than that too mind.

What a word removed.

I hope you punched the prick in the throat.

He spoke like a teenage girl tbf, and for somebody who must be mid-40s, I think that is punishment enough  :ph34r:

• Like 1

I wouldn't want to go overboard, as a lot can still go wrong given his age, but I am genuinely struggling to think of any player I have seen ( in 45 years of watching) who combines his effortless gliding with the ball with those sublime little passes AND then the longer passing game and dribbling.

There are bits of several players there, yes, Little, a bit of Liam Brady,a bit of other even better players.

Too soon to say, but massive massive potential.

What a word removed.

should have said it was only a matter of time before he was a Man City fan 

• Like 1

Enjoying watching his progress, though wasn't impressed with summer antics. Seems to be maturing physically and starting to have that 'thoroughbred' look - can look so classy on the ball.

As others have said he needs to start adding that end product to his game - otherwise, what's the point? But he is still very much developing. Lots of young players have the ability, but most fizzle into obscurity, so in the modern game he needs to look the ethics of players like Bale and Ronaldo if he wants to even have a chance of achieving his potential.

Villa aside, in the meantime there probably aren't many better managers than Sherwood for his development he could be playing under at this level.

Â