The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Will be the first British player sold for £100m

You heard it hear first! ;)

But he isn't British, is he?
Obviously chinese.
He was born and raised in Birmingham, he's not Irish, his dad is.

"Being born in a stable does not make one a horse" ;)

But it'll make him the messiah - or a very naughty boy
  • Like 1

Will be the first British player sold for £100m

You heard it hear first! ;)

But he isn't British, is he?
Obviously chinese.

He was born and raised in Birmingham, he's not Irish, his dad is.

"Being born in a stable does not make one a horse"  ;)

No, but it could make you an ass ;)

What I'm finding hilarious on here, is that people think you can choose what nationality you are. It's ridiculous lol How can anybody say "I consider him Irish". On what planet? He wasn't born in Ireland, he has one Irish and one English parent, for all we know he's never even BEEN to Ireland. What on earth brings people to believe he's Irish? Regardless of who he chooses to represent BECAUSE OF THE NATIONALITY OF HIS PARENTS, he still remains English. That is not something that I or anybody else can argue with.

He's declared for Ireland.

That's the only point anyone was making.

In the eyes of FIFA, he is Irish. So any records he breaks won't go down as a British player breaking those records.

We are not talking about his ACTUAL nationality. You are having that argument with yourself.

As for the bold, you clearly don't know much about his career then. He's played for Ireland at pretty much every age level up until now. Pretty hard to do that without going to Ireland

I was clearly talking about outside of football in regards to visiting Ireland. My point still stands that if he were sold for £100 mill, he would be a player, who is British, who was sold for £100 mill. Anyway, it's been pointed out that this is a pointless argument, and it is. He's a top talent, seems like a nice lad and is nuts about the Villa, that's all that matters.

So he wouldn't be the first British player to be sold for £100m, but he would be the first British 'person' to be sold for £100m?

I have to say, I'm with the guys who say he would be the first 'British player'.

There's a Fifa registered nationality, to simply declare your eligibility to play for ONE national team. Then there's your real life nationality.

When people talk about 'the worlds first', I've never heard that it has to be in line with Fifa's registration.

When he is stronger he will be effin dangerous. His ability to glide away from trouble is fantastic and he seems like one of those players who knows he can tie defenders in knots at will.

If he bulks up a bit and we got a Irish Hazard? Maybe?

Will someone just ask him to upload his passport onto Instagram please

His passport will be British, as he is. I understand the argument from other people. I don't agree and I can't understand how anybody can think that way. But it's a meaningless argument and I should respect their opinion either way.

Will someone just ask him to upload his passport onto Instagram please

His passport will be British, as he is. I understand the argument from other people. I don't agree and I can't understand how anybody can think that way. 

Because you still seem to think we're arguing about his actual nationality.

We're not. We're arguing about how he is viewed in the footballing world. And as explained above, that revolves around what country you play your international football for.

In the real world, Jack Grealish is british. But in footballing terms, he is now Irish. You may not be able to get your head around that, but I'm afraid that's just how it works.

Diego Costa is Brazilian, but in football he is Spanish.

Our very own Ciaran Clark has never lived in Ireland. But in footballing terms, he is Irish.

Edited by Stevo985

The toughening up will come Im sure - His decision making also needs a bit of work - Id like to see him shoot at the end of those mazy runs he goes on  (Wembley would be good !) - and sometimes he hangs onto the ball too long...

Yeah the toughening up will be something that comes naturally. To make it he'll have to toughen up. But he already seems pretty good at riding challenges, so with experience he'll get better and better.

I was quite harsh on Jack when he first started playing. I think it took him a while to show that he deserved to be on the pitch.

Last few games he's really looked like he belongs. I can't wait to see more of him now.

I don't actually think strength is the main issue, though he will develop on that front for sure.

If you look at players like Ashley Young and David Silva they are by no means strong, it is more about knowing where to put your body in relation to the defender being assured of your touch.

That comes with game time and given his touch and skill it wouldnt surprise me if in a season or two he is very very economical with the ball.

Â