The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Think Grealish and Robinson should both go out on loan and remain on loan until they are required to actually play for the first team.

Lambert is wasting their development years. Their contracts will have run out during the time of Lambert's contract, and we may lose them without ever finding out how good or otherwise they are, either on loan or with us. I can understand that he has to be cautious with young players, but this looks like bad management of our resources.

• Like 2

Two weeks ago i went to see some U13 kids football and an oldish bloke spotted my Villa scarf and came over to chat. At first I thought he was just a bit of an oddball but turns out he's a Villa scout and has been for decades. 

I knew a few questions to ask in this regard as i've had family members work for the club in the past and he knew em all well

Anyway. He wasn't very complimentary about what we've got coming through the ranks to say the least, or how things are being run on that side of things these days. The one player he said 'could' make it was some lad called Rashian/Rushain a striker with our under 18s I believe. But he said it's pretty slim pickings other than him

We talked about all sorts but he had no first team gossip to offer sadly. When i mentioned Jack, he said he's a good lad with talent and good family but he's not convinced he'll make a career for himself at this level. Shocked me a bit but then i've not exactly been blown away by anything i've seen with my own eyes yet either

Fingers crossed something does click though as we really do need our academy to start bringing through better quality players. Apparently a lot of other clubs offer young kids full education packages to entice them but we don't

• Like 1

I think the contrast between Gil's cameo and Jack's cameos was pretty big.

Again, and I keep having to say this, I'm not using that as a stick to beat Jack with. He's way younger and less experienced than Gil so I'm not expecting his performances to be of a similar level.

But it does show the difference in abilities at this time, imo.

Jack's got a lot of promise, I just remain unconvinced that he's there yet.

I think the contrast between Gil's cameo and Jack's cameos was pretty big.

Again, and I keep having to say this, I'm not using that as a stick to beat Jack with. He's way younger and less experienced than Gil so I'm not expecting his performances to be of a similar level.

But it does show the difference in abilities at this time, imo.

Jack's got a lot of promise, I just remain unconvinced that he's there yet.

I think that is a fair assessment. 

I haven't read back in the thread but I believe that there are rumours of him going out on loan to a Championship club to get some more experience and continue his development. I'd be fully supportive of that tbh. 

He's a blood good player, especially for his age, but it doesn't mean he's ready to save our season and shouldn't be placed under that pressure. Equally if we do go down, loaning him out now could be seen as some genius forward planning by Lambert. 

• Like 1

I'd like to see Grealish start to see what he's really got. We only see half an hour/20 minutes of him if he comes on. And the rest of the team are usually playing shit. Otherwise send him on loan to get some proper playing time in the Championship, where he'll develop and come back stronger. If he does go on loan though id want a winger coming in.

Saw him start against Blackpool and he was pants ..... like the rest of them. Struggled to beat his man, dwelt on the ball too long and just wasn't strong enough.

He definitely needs to tough out a good run in the Championship and then see where he's at. Could still make the grade but plenty of question marks for me.  

• Like 2

He might not be ready yet, but it's not like he has to replace Robben or Ronaldo. He has to replace Gabby/Weimann ffs.

He might (or more likely, he WILL) be inconsistent, but I'd rather have inconsistency than being consistently poor.

How do I know he will be better than Gabby/Weimann? I don't know, but techincal ability alone makes it much more likely he will make something happen. Might be 3 times a game, might be once every three games. But when was the last time Gabby made something happen?

Two weeks ago i went to see some U13 kids football and an oldish bloke spotted my Villa scarf and came over to chat. At first I thought he was just a bit of an oddball but turns out he's a Villa scout and has been for decades. 

I knew a few questions to ask in this regard as i've had family members work for the club in the past and he knew em all well

Anyway. He wasn't very complimentary about what we've got coming through the ranks to say the least, or how things are being run on that side of things these days. The one player he said 'could' make it was some lad called Rashian/Rushain a striker with our under 18s I believe. But he said it's pretty slim pickings other than him

We talked about all sorts but he had no first team gossip to offer sadly. When i mentioned Jack, he said he's a good lad with talent and good family but he's not convinced he'll make a career for himself at this level. Shocked me a bit but then i've not exactly been blown away by anything i've seen with my own eyes yet either

Fingers crossed something does click though as we really do need our academy to start bringing through better quality players. Apparently a lot of other clubs offer young kids full education packages to entice them but we don't

Think the kid he's on about is Rushain-Murphy

Whilst Grealish didn't have the best of games against Blackpool, he is young, inexperienced and has a lot of presure on his shoulders from the fans who are expecting him to perform from the off. I can understand that, he's aloud to learn from these experiences. He's showed a few good glimpses in sub appearances and has been consistantly awesome in the youth levels and is regarded very well in Nottingham after his loan. There is natural talent there, if guided in the right direction. However, I don't get why it's acceptable to have lots of shit games in the first team if you are an experienced player (I'm talking about Gabby, Weimann, Cleverley, N'Zogbia and Richardson) yet still be guaranteed a starting place or at the very least, a place in the match day squad. Seems unfair.

• Like 3

Given how woeful our other attacking players are, I fail to see why we can't give him a run in the team. Nothing to lose at this stage.

I'm going to assume a problem with attitude rather than ability. Even then, if he's good enough to make a difference - play him.

Â