The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

making a case for the defense, could the admin maybe be trying to stoke the fire before tonight? get the fans riled up and create a hostile atmosphere? just a thought...

Silly thing is, if it weren’t for his Percy interview and now this, I think it all would have been quite low key from a Grealish perspective, some boos, nothing major. Most people concentrating on Gerrard setting up against City.  Now so many back to August levels of angry again and nobody wanted to go back there 😆

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

making a case for the defense, could the admin maybe be trying to stoke the fire before tonight? get the fans riled up and create a hostile atmosphere? just a thought...

Too kind. The statement if they wanted to be anything should minimise his presence - focus on the game at hand. He might not even play. It just reeks of whoever runs the admin account asking Jack not to block them on WhatsApp 

3 minutes ago, a m ole said:

“Delighted to see Sarah and her new boyfriend getting engaged! All the best @Sarah and thanks for the memories! PS do you have my favourite Snoopy mug?”

The emoji reactions offered by VT cannot do justice to how much I enjoyed this post. Bravo. Spot on!

PS: Also, I'm now wondering where the name Sarah came from...revealing too much about your past, @a m ole?!!! 😉

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

The release clause is entirely down to him and is agent. I doubt Villa would have mentioned it. Lets face it he saw us a stepping stone in his career which is fair enough but don't give me all that Villa til I die cheese nonsense.

His agent would have wanted it in there at a lot less than 100m IMO, it is still absurd someone paid that money.

The best team in the world came in for him who challenge for every competition. I don't for one second think Jack would have left for the likes of Leicester, West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs etc but members of this current squad will, if one of them comes in for Watkins we are going to have a hard time holding onto him. People are being way too harsh on Jack, he was too good for where we are and he wanted to see if can become an elite footballer that can perform in big games, no issues with that. If he wasn't a Villa fan he'd have a left a long time ago.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

The emoji reactions offered by VT cannot do justice to how much I enjoyed this post. Bravo. Spot on!

PS: Also, I'm now wondering where the name Sarah came from...revealing too much about your past, @a m ole?!!! 😉

Haha I purposely used a name I have no affiliation with 😁

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

His agent would have wanted it in there at a lot less than 100m IMO, it is still absurd someone paid that money.

The best team in the world came in for him who challenge for every competition. I don't for one second think Jack would have left for the likes of Leicester, West Ham, Arsenal, Spurs etc but members of this current squad will, if one of them comes in for Watkins we are going to have a hard time holding onto him. People are being way too harsh on Jack, he was too good for where we are and he wanted to see if can become an elite footballer that can perform in big games, no issues with that. If he wasn't a Villa fan he'd have a left a long time ago.

That’s a really well thought out, eloquently put and reasonable statement providing an incredibly balanced argument and taking into account the opinions and feelings of all parties concerned…

but he left us to play for Man City and tonight he is against us… so **** him!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

I agree

If a player is not playing at the level the club wants, he should leave (eg Hourihane, Green). 

If a club is not playing at the level the player wants, he can't leave? that's not fair on the player

Still gutted he left, but the IG post shows he left on good terms despite what people on here suggest. He left for a record fee. I wish him well except in the games against Villa.

2 minutes ago, AXD said:

Still gutted he left, but the IG post shows he left on good terms despite what people on here suggest.

Doesn’t suggest anything

a) the club is professional and doesn’t air dirty laundry 

b) the tweet was posted by the person running the clubs Twitter account not the owners or Purslow

6 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

That’s a really well thought out, eloquently put and reasonable statement providing an incredibly balanced argument and taking into account the opinions and feelings of all parties concerned…

but he left us to play for Man City and tonight he is against us… so **** him!

Completely agree, this media stuff from the club is shocking. I wouldn't boo him but if fans want to then no issue, I think it will just fuel him to perform though. Get into him like we would any opposition player but at the end of the game clap him off.

Â