The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I genuinely think he will flop at City, Smith lets him play how he wants. At City Pep micro management wont allow him to do that, will also see him get less of the ball

I think you’re right. Jack might thrive at City.

Or, having never played for a different club, he might flounder and struggle when he’s not the big boy anymore. We’ve seen it happen. Wishful thinking maybe, but it’s not out of the question that we’re getting the better half of the deal.

I understand the want to test himself in the CL, even though you can argue for 80% of the competition it's not even at the level of the Premier League. He might go on to win the Prem and the CL and while that's an achievement when the time comes to look back I bet the Villa play off final feeling would trump anything else.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tayls said:

I’m beginning to think it’s not a release clause but more a ‘good faith’ clause, in which if Man City (or anyone else) make a bid of a certain amount then the clubs can begin negotiations from that point. 

I to would be very surprised if we put a hard release clause into Grealish’s last contract. 

That’s my take on it as well. We likely told him we’d take seriously offers over a certain amount and respect his decision but I doubt it’s a contractual clause or this would be over already. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I genuinely think he will flop at City, Smith lets him play how he wants. At City Pep micro management wont allow him to do that, will also see him get less of the ball

Nah I think he will do well but he won’t be this superstar that people think he will be. It won’t all be about Jack anymore. He’ll just be a class squad player amongst many.

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

I know!!!!  This is the funniest thing...you cant even make it up how bad this is.  How the hell do they expect to be taken seriously if they say that we are ready to accept the bid yet they havent spoken to us about it.

But why wouldn’t we accept the bid? We’re a lowly nothing team and need to bow down to our soulless, plastic masters Shitty… we’ve forgotten our place I think

1 hour ago, Sulberto21 said:

What do you think he is worth to us? And how do you replace him with £100m? Who with? 

He's an elite footballer not many better than him in world football atm. I was serious about the £200m .

The rest of the post was tongue in cheek. 

We can build a much more balanced team with £100m. Get two or three good players  in and the team will be better IMO. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah I think he will do well but he won’t be this superstar that people think he will be. It won’t all be about Jack anymore. He’ll just be a class squad player amongst many.

Maybe flop wasn't the word but yeah he wont deliver the price tag. People saying he is marketing gold but his antics will be more exposed at City than Villa. Sure we will see

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

I hope this is just to not get a significant loyalty bonus from us as this is so close to done anyway. 

You lose your bonus if hand in a transfer request

7 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not sure he will flop, but I'm not convinced he will live up to the hype that comes with that price. 

If he does go to City it will be nice not to worry about our best player missing 3rd of a season for 2 out of last 3 seasons. If he passes the medical I'm going to question what's the point of medicals

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he'll be a superstar, largely because I think he already is

Now imagine him with more time and space to play in and better players around 

He'll be even better at villa this season if we get Bailey let alone if he was at City

Â