The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

Given where he was a few weeks ago he's done all he can to try and get a start. Fair play to him. He's been at 50/60% for most of the games since he's been back but last night was the first time I felt he was really getting there maybe at 70/80% fitness now. 

He starts for me but it isn't easy making it all work especially when all the pace options are pretty out of form. 

12 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I often comment, that with regards to Jack and England, our fans are just as bad as Tanzanian fans with Samatta ffs..

First they moan that he isn't in the squad, then he gets in, they moan that he doesn't start straight away, then he starts, and they moan that Southgate doesn't lick his arse enough in post match interviews. then they pre moan, that Southgate is going to use his injury problems as a reason to not include him in the squad. Get's included in the squad anyway, starts, gets praised, and the new pre moan is that he won't start.

Look, even if he doesn't start, he will be an impact player, and that will probably be down to Southgates choice of tactics ( Whether fans like it or not ) and partially down to not wanting to overload him. Some fans would rather destroy his shins ( Which affects US long term, just to be able to have their will ffs.

I get people disliking Southgate as a man, manager and so on, but to think he has nothing better to do, than conspire against Villa players is hilarious.

And when he does play, some people moan that his teammates are jealous and don't pass to him enough :crylaugh:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

And when he does play, some people moan that his teammates are jealous and don't pass to him enough :crylaugh:

And that he was only included, because Southgate had no choice, and the pressure from fans and pundits is why.

• Like 1

Did a straw poll among my friends and acquaintances who support teams other than Villa. They all (even the Wolves and WBA fans) think Grealish is England's outstanding talent and should be a nailed-on starter. 

OK so the England thing is Southgate I believe favours this 4-2-3-1. He recognises the talent we have in the attacking midfield / winger positions, and he also recognises the fact Harry Kane is now more of a false nine than a proper number 9. These factors combined plus the fact the defense is somewhat vulnerable mean a back 3 or lining up with 2 defensive midfielders is probably necessary. Throw in Mount, Jack, and Foden are all natural in the number 10 role. Is what leads me to this belief. The only problem is that he has only had two game to implement it, plus Croatia are first up! However he is certainly looking at at very closely.

The squad numbers also suggest the 4-2-3-1. The problem he has is that hasn't had a chance to play his first choice team. The other is he has to play Rashford and Sterling wide of Kane as they are the only ones that offer real pace in behind, and Sterling is out of form. 

I feel he has to go for it and play the 4-2-3-1 with a front 4 of Rashford, Grealish and Sterling. However Foden is the wild card. I belive he will look to rotate somewhat, given the injuries, form and intense schedule of the past season and 10 games. He basically has to play Mings and Stone as a CB pairing if he plays 4 at the back and that is a bit of a liability. So a back 3 can't be ruled out and he does love playing 2 right backs.

It's a tough problem he has to deal with and I don't envy him. But the clearest thing in all this is that Jack is the form man and has to start.

If Sterling and Foden are both starting it’s amazing neither have played a single minute of the 2 warm up games.

Sterling should not be starting the Croatia game at all.

if anyone is interested in the odds Grealish has gone from 3/1 to 11/8 to start and both Rashford and Sterling have drifted out, very close call at the moment.

Says it all about how terrible Southgate is that even though literally every man and his dog would have Jack in the starting lineup due to how good he's been and how he makes England tick, there's still a big question mark over whether that'll actually happen due to Southgate's pigheadedness.

6 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

If Sterling and Foden are both starting it’s amazing neither have played a single minute of the 2 warm up games.

Sterling should not be starting the Croatia game at all.

if anyone is interested in the odds Grealish has gone from 3/1 to 11/8 to start and both Rashford and Sterling have drifted out, very close call at the moment.

I thought all Chelsea and City players were given an extended rest.

Danny Mills using a poor excuse of Jack Grealish being injured and only playing the last 2 games of the season to justify Henderson being selected , but it’s a totally different with Jack there’s not a player in england similar to Jack,  but plenty of Jordan Henderson’s about , I’d go as far as to say Ward Prowse is better.

1 minute ago, gwi1890 said:

Danny Mills using a poor excuse of Jack Grealish being injured and only playing the last 2 games of the season to justify Henderson being selected , but it’s a totally different with Jack there’s not a player in england similar to Jack,  but plenty of Jordan Henderson’s about , I’d go as far as to say Ward Prowse is better.

Did anybody ask Danny how many games Henderson has played in the last few months?

Just now, sparrow1988 said:

Did anybody ask Danny how many games Henderson has played in the last few months?

Yes and he said they shouldn’t be picked on fitness or something along those lines, and said Brazil won the world cup with a half fit Ronaldo,  Came across as a blind idiot trying to justify his beloved Liverpool captain, picking on based form is fine but Henderson wasn’t in good form pre injury was he.

10 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

Mount will play. Southgate would play him in goal if the alternative is to not play him at all.

If Grealish doesn’t start in the next game I would just ask what’s the point. He has been the standout player for England for the majority of games in the last 12 months. He’s just not one of Southgate’s favourites like Rashford or Sterling. The latter of the 2 shouldn’t even be in the squad as he’s been poor in an excellent team for the 2nd half of the season.

Rashford is picked for non footballing reason  

9 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

Yes and he said they shouldn’t be picked on fitness or something along those lines, and said Brazil won the world cup with a half fit Ronaldo,  Came across as a blind idiot trying to justify his beloved Liverpool captain, picking on based form is fine but Henderson wasn’t in good form pre injury was he.

So according to him Jack shouldn't be playing because he could potentially not be fit but Henderson should be playing although he could potentially not be fit?

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

So according to him Jack shouldn't be playing because he could potentially not be fit but Henderson should be playing although he could potentially not be fit?

More or less, If Kane was half fit you’d take him no doubt, But Henderson hardly qualifies into this category? 

7 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Saw this and it made me laugh :lol: ;

Interesting, he didn't win any penalties for us this season? Nice to be playing for a team that doesn't get a completely raw deal from the refs.

• Like 2

Â