The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

19 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Mam utd fans are a right special breed

"I think we can get him for £40m plus Phil Jones or Romero" 

You would have thought that after the sancho debacle they would have learned that he's worth whatever we say he's worth 

And just like sancho that number will be one they can't afford 

Thick as a plank. Too many prawn sandwiches! 

20 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah we're really tripping over ourselves to get Romero to be *checks notes*, 4th choice goalkeeper.

Martinez, Heaton, Steer, Kalinic... so 5th goalkeeper, but probably 3rd choice? Either way it’s obviously nonsense! 😆 

All this talk about resting Grealish. 

In The Championship they play 2 games a week for most of the season. No one was asking for him to be rested then. 

I know he's traveled but he also only played 60 and 70 minutes in two of those games. 

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Paul Parkers bizarre comment on Grealish are worth reading for a laugh. 

I suspect Jack may have had shenanigans with his daughter/wife or other close relative

• Like 1

We won't be resting players tomorrow, we played England U20s on Tuesday and Watkins played for us and presumably other first teamers as well, so Smith isn't concerned with players being tired. Any changes will be either tactical or forced through injury.

52 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Paul Parkers bizarre comment on Grealish are worth reading for a laugh. 

His comments make no sense. like he has already judged him and is looking for negatives when there are none. 

2 hours ago, est1874 said:

So you think he's starting ahead of Rashford and Sterling when they're back fit? Not to mention Greenwood who will be back in the squad I'm sure.

Yep

i think there is a clear definition in how england play with sterling + rashford and then grealish + foden

the first is pace in to the channels, kick and rush, smash and grab football, the latter is try and play football pass and move dominate games

i think there will be a demand that this england group is capable of playing good attacking football and if southgate has any sense he’ll know that the Lacey attack makes for better sub options, in the games vs the Czechs and Scotland we should be looking for ball players like grealish not runners

im aware that there’s some harsh pigeon holing in there and an on form sancho arguably can play both styles

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yep

i think there is a clear definition in how england play with sterling + rashford and then grealish + foden

the first is pace in to the channels, kick and rush, smash and grab football, the latter is try and play football pass and move dominate games

i think there will be a demand that this england group is capable of playing good attacking football and if southgate has any sense he’ll know that the Lacey attack makes for better sub options, in the games vs the Czechs and Scotland we should be looking for ball players like grealish not runners

im aware that there’s some harsh pigeon holing in there and an on form sancho arguably can play both styles

I hear what you’re saying, but the whole 3 centre backs thing is almost certainly what he's going with which means pace up top is essential to stretch teams. He may well go Jack and Sterling, with Sancho, Mount and Rashford in reserve. If not he will go with Sterling and Rashford.

Whatever he does If he plays with 3 central defenders he is an idiot. We have 5 top class number 10's, but he refuses to play with a 10, and instead an extra defender because our defenders aren't top class. It's the most backwards logic imaginable. Jack, Mount, Foden, Maddison, Barkley. We also have 4 quality defensive midfiders in Henderson, Rice, Phillips, and Ward-Prowse. We have excellent attacking fullbacks, top class wingers and strikers. This England generation has been bred to attack!

I also think this England team may well be better without Kane. Not that he isn't our best striker, but for me pace in the centre forward position constantly looking to get between the lines and in behind suits Jack more than a selfish fake 10 that Kane is trying to be these days. If you pick Jack unless he is there as a 10 with pace outside of him on both sides he simply does work well with Kane.

Jack is the Best English player of his generation. Problem is the rest of the  country don't realise this yet. The players do though. And Kane and those Tottenham lads are definitely feeling threatened going by their behaviour in the games. 

• Like 3

I think today would have been the perfect game to give Jack a rest, I'm worried about him playing in all games for England, combined with the very congested playing schedule this season without a proper break at the summer and him playing so much last season. While I thin Brighton is much better than their league position, this isn't a must must win game for us. Perfect for other players, who we will need during the season, to get some minutes. 

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Mam utd fans are a right special breed

"I think we can get him for £40m plus Phil Jones or Romero" 

You would have thought that after the sancho debacle they would have learned that he's worth whatever we say he's worth 

And just like sancho that number will be one they can't afford 

You left out the best part, where that muppet suggested that deal be done in January

Facepalm GIF by MOODMAN

46 minutes ago, grobs said:

Thought he might have a bad game but not that bad!! 

He was average and better than most but was clearly knackered which most of us knew was going to happen but still won free kicks regardless. Doug was much worse than Jack. Trez very good. Brighton were great and capitalised on our weak defensive showing then simply parked the bus. 

Also I should add I think mental tiredness too.. his decision making was poor. Needs a good rest is all. 

Edited by birdman

Â