The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I do actually agree with the 2 incidents he is bringing up here.

Particularly in that 3 vs 2 situation where he should have slid the ball to Barkley.

But in no way is he holding us back. Not a chance, that is laughable. It was just a game where he made the wrong call in 2 situations. But he also did a lot of great stuff in that game.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

I do actually agree with the 2 incidents he is bringing up here.

Particularly in that 3 vs 2 situation where he should have slid the ball to Barkley.

But in no way is he holding us back. Not a chance, that is laughable. It was just a game where he made the wrong call in 2 situations. But he also did a lot of great stuff in that game.

I somewhat agree with all of the points. Even holding back villa, In particular last season. The team do over rely on jacks magic. However he does takes too much on himself and several times he over touched the ball and runs in to cul de sacs. 

if we flip it and it’s jack that relies on the rest of the team, it would benefit both him and the team. 

tbf, it’s happening this season. Ginny is fully fit and in form, Ross is in the team and ollie’s movement is looking good so far. Once they are all on the same wavelength, the jack doing it all himself will become less of of a need and more of an option. 

"Holding us back" suggests we'd sometimes be better off without him, with is absolute bollocks.

Jack's not perfect, he doesn't always make the right choice. but no player in the world does. With what he offers off, I don't begrudge him the odd mistake. He'll always make them , but I'm damn sure that him and Smith are working to reduce them as much as possible. 

• Like 1

Anyone looking to criticise Jack for anything is literally looking for perfection.  IMO he's the best player in the PL on current form and he's still got his prime to come.  Arguably now he is the Villa GOAT of the last 20 years, on a level reaching McGrath and Yorke for what he's done for us.

Edited by The Rosk
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, lexicon said:

Can Southgate just get fired please?

Preferably out of a **** cannon into the Atlantic Ocean?

Aim him towards the North Sea please. I don't want him landing in Ireland.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Adrian Durham is just trolling and fans fall for it hook line and sinker. Having said that the points he does make are not down to his ability it’s his decision making.

This will only get better in time. In 2 or 3 years time Jack will be a complete player.

This - he's employed to create talking points. 

No player is perfect - Messi makes mistakes too, we just live in an era of highlights that make players look invincible and video games where players can be flawless. 

Definitely agree that he'll work on his decision making, though - it'll help having players of sufficient quality around him that he can trust more tbf.

• Like 1

If he has any issue with his decision making, it is going to be impacted by the fact he has played with static plodders for most of his career so far.

It will take some time to train out the instincts of the last few years (which were needed at the time).

That said, he has demonstrated the right decision on way more occasions than he's picked the wrong one so far this season, I don't think there is an issue. 

53 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Adrian Durham is just trolling and fans fall for it hook line and sinker. Having said that the points he does make are not down to his ability it’s his decision making.

This will only get better in time. In 2 or 3 years time Jack will be a complete player.

he's just on the wind up - that's his job, to get people ringing and texting in.... can't take him seriously.

You're better off not listening to talksport at all. 

On 21/10/2020 at 09:57, Davkaus said:

Between this and some posters genuinely seeming to believe we'll be in a title race this season, I think it's safe to say people are losing the plot.

You must be fun at parties.

It's up to the players and staff to stay grounded. As fans we are allowed to dream and get carried away.

Edited by villalad21
  • Haha 1

On 20/10/2020 at 17:34, a-k said:

If our season continues as positively as it has started and he tears it up at the Euros such that he is valued at 200 million pounds, what on earth makes you think he would want to be sold?

I'm saying, if he were sold. They do say, to use a cliche, every player has a price. 

Edited by sheepyvillian

Â