The RJW63 Official Jack Grealish Appreciation Thread

kevangrealish

I wonder if this time next year we'll be reading about links between Jack and the top four clubs. Could happen as he's clearly a massive talent. I don't think I've ever wanted a villa youngster to succeed as much as I want it for Jack, but he's got so much promise and seems to be a proper villa lad. I think he'll be great for us, and if one day the top 4 do come calling, I hope he stays with the club.

Keep it up Jack. UTV.

• Like 1

I wonder if this time next year we'll be reading about links between Jack and the top four clubs. Could happen as he's clearly a massive talent. I don't think I've ever wanted a villa youngster to succeed as much as I want it for Jack, but he's got so much promise and seems to be a proper villa lad. I think he'll be great for us, and if one day the top 4 do come calling, I hope he stays with the club.

Keep it up Jack. UTV.

Well it would help if we could offer him a new deal as he will be playing for another club this time next year otherwise.

It's a shame the challenges didn't happen down the side of the pitch where the dugouts are, I'd love to see Roy Keane do a 'The Monk' style fly kick to someone.

Edited by adw95

His build and frame is similar to Ronaldo and bale when they were his age. Hopefully he works hard and gets the sort of power running those two possess.

He's also got unconventional hair.

• Like 2

Keep it up Jack. UTV.

Well it would help if we could offer him a new deal as he will be playing for another club this time next year otherwise.

That's a good point, he could walk out the door rather than re-sign if he wants. Would be a shame though, really should be a priority to sign a new contract with him (and the others) as soon as possible.

There is always the issue between burning out and over using and giving someone their chance and it is a difficult line to walk especially with a fan base deprived of excitement and a reason to have hope for the future of the team virtually demanding he plays each game.

But do you know what if it was me I'd play him not just the odd cameo he'd get in full time.  Other players his age have done the same for teams better than us.

• Like 1

There is always the issue between burning out and over using and giving someone their chance and it is a difficult line to walk especially with a fan base deprived of excitement and a reason to have hope for the future of the team virtually demanding he plays each game.

But do you know what if it was me I'd play him not just the odd cameo he'd get in full time.  Other players his age have done the same for teams better than us.

It's easier for youngsters to play in better teams.

And with more experienced players. Many of our youngsters have been forced to play too often and with too many other young unexperienced players. Now that we have a rather experienced first team I think it might be the right time to try young Jack more and more. Still, the best team is the team that should be playing.

• Like 1

Yep thats a reasonable argument as is the fact that putting youngsters in teams not so good also develops their fighting and resillience qualities. 

I'll check with Alan Hansen!

I think Lambert has done well with Jack so far, given him little tasters here and there and gradually increase his playing time. He is giving Jack some pressure situations without it being overwhelming, like coming on against Stoke and Hull when needing to see the game out. Also, it should hopefully keep his feet on the floor, and not get ahead of himself and become over confident.

We have just got to hope that we sign him up to a new deal soon. I would imagine that this contract should be easier to secure than the Vlaar and Delph deals.

• Like 1

His build and frame is similar to Ronaldo and bale when they were his age. Hopefully he works hard and gets the sort of power running those two possess.

Firstly it's laughable to be making these comparisons, secondly he's not that kind of player. Not as direct, plays much more like Messi :ph34r:

I'm not comparing ability.

Here we go again, academy prospect being rated to high heaven based on a few early season performances. We've seen this countless times before and only Gabby is still around to tell the tale. 

Lets lower our expectations for this season lads. He needs his time and his training. Worst thing is it all goes to his head. Everyone looks great when we're winning. 

We've a dark run of form to come at some point this season, lets see how people shape up then. 

• Like 1

Yep thats a reasonable argument as is the fact that putting youngsters in teams not so good also develops their fighting and resillience qualities. 

I'll check with Alan Hansen!

Well in recent history of our club, putting in youngsters into struggling teams hasn't helped has it. Albrighton, Bannan, Clark, Baker, Weimann all heralded as having bright futures when in reality they weren't for a number of reasons. I think PL is doing the right thing with JG, and honestly has JG done anything in any of the games where he has really given PL a headache to leave out Weimann or Gabby?

I think Jack is the most skilful kid we have had since Brian Little and imho  "burning out" will not be an issue - he is VERY confident. In Brian Little's day they had far less protection and as Sunday showed refs will ensure Jack gets to play otherwise we could be playing against a few ten man sides this year :)

The fact that he has brought him (an 18 year old) on twice tells us how high they rate him and imo it will not be long before he starts. He is very hard to dispossess and I wouldn't be surprised if his first full debut is away.

Â