Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Yeah I've said it before. It's the one drama we produce where we can hold our heads up. It stands up to anything else on the telly. Which is amazing given the shite we usually make.

The third part of "Supersized Earth" was just as good as the other two. iPlayer it if you get a chance.

It just made me think that humans in the future are going to be in for a pretty tough time if the population keeps on ballooning as it is .

Just finished Breaking Bad .....it really is a must watch, season 4 was the best IMO, but only just. Sons Of Anarchy is now trying to fill the void left, its quite good, not quite to BB standard though.

A good comedy series is Still Game, its been running for years in Scotland, it has some very funny moments.

What do people on here prefer - Netflix or Lovefilm?

My dad has just bought a smart TV so was looking to stream some films and TV shows over xmas (saves me downloading everything in advance every bloody year!).

I'm not too bothered about latest releases as we all prefer older classics.

I'm swayed towards netflix as reviews mentioned it has a deal with the BBC for some of its back catalogue.

I thought I'd gauge opinion on here.

as far as lovefilm and netflix go I think they are both shite, apparently though netflix is good if you are more interested in series of things, plus I heard that if you do something to the settings on your PS3 to make it think it is American then you can access all of their stuff which is supposed to have a hell of a lot more on it.

anyway, just been watching homeland series 2, up to about episode 6 or 7 I think, I'm enjoying it but I know this will be the last series I watch because it will just start dragging on into series after series after series .

• Like 1

Watching supersized earth now

That aquaduct in china has just become the most amazing thing I've seen built

Absolutely insane

Would like to have the compulsary purchase orders they no doubt sent out...

I went down the 3 gorges river just before the giant dam was completed ( we were in fact the last tourist boat before the river was flooded)... As you travelled along it you could see these markers 40 m above you on the hillside showing the new water level , we went under huge bridges spanning the valley that are no more as they were demolished before the flood and we visited a town which they basically moved in its entirety 25 miles up the road .. Would be like picking up Guildford and relocating it ... And this was repeated on a huge scale the length of the river... Sadly they also extinct end the Yangtze dolphin in the progress but the Chinese don't seem to let anything stop them... Was the most impressive thing I've ever seen and ever would I thought at the time ..... And then 12 years later I went on the Tibet railway that they built ...wow , just wow

Didn't know whether to post this here or in the books thread...I decided here.

Should make a decent little series. I was one who liked parts of the ending of the novel, but also that the 'reveal' as to the cause of the titular dome was a bit...weak. It's important to remember though, that the whole point of the story is not the dome, but is the way it kicks off under the dome...so as long as they nail that part of it, it will be well worth watching. Big Jim is one of my favourite King villains. Hopefully it'll be cast well. It's not inconceivable that they'll change the ending ala The Mist, and maybe do away with the novel's reason for the dome entirely. It would have been better to keep it ambiguous anyway, i thought. One to look out for, when it hits screens.

That was quick. Yep, the cause was weak, but the story, the real story, was very good. I just hope King isn't too much involved in the making of this. The best films based on his books are the ones he hasn't had anything to do with. More than writing the book, that is. :-P

Watched 3 seasons of Whitechappel a few days ago. Have to say it was very good. The first season was probably the best, bet the other two weren't far from as good. Does anyone know if there are any more seasons than those three?

Â