Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, bickster said:

Which programme is this?

I've deleted it now but think it was on channel 5 - simpliy called Miners Strike 1984 or summat like that. Had to delete it as soon as I had watched it; wife's Dad was involved - North Staffs Coalfield, and it is still a little raw ; even now.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Follyfoot said:

Scargill should have gone to National Ballot before action, caused untold heartache and was doomed to failure when he did not 

Agreed . Watching  it again, you would ALMOST think Maggie was confrontational !!!!!!

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Watching Games of Thrones once again. I honestly think Stephen Dillane's performance as Stannis was up there with any performance in that show.

Can’t believe they just abruptly stopped the show after S7. Now we’ll never know if the Night King will be defeated and who will claim the iron throne. Ah well, some things are best left unfinished.

• Haha 1

Anyone watching masters of the air? 

Watched episode 3 last night 

Spoiler

It's an episode that was brilliant in one sense and really not very good in another

As great as the fight scenes are and they nail certain elements of it (the battered state of the planes that do make it still shocks me) the episode threw them in to it with no real story and then the show in general is struggling with cockpit scenes imo they can't get things across as easy as they could in a fox hole meaning that they're mentioning names and people as they get shot down and it doesn't mean anything to me, they have the problem that they can't take a second in the air to add anything to anyone (other than the air sickness in episode 1)

My favourite BoB episode is probably the Eugene one, they simply can't do that here 

The show is one episode less than BoB and the Pacific and I think it needed a set up episode or at least a slower start episode

• Like 1

On 03/02/2024 at 11:55, sheepyvillian said:

Quite enjoying Loudermilk on Netflix. It certainly has some laugh out loud moments. Although, I'm missing "Cutter" in season 2.

I’m quite sad that I only have two episodes left

Cutter was not in S2 because he was struggling with his own demons of substance abuse irl

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, bickster said:

I’m quite sad that I only have two episodes left

Cutter was not in S2 because he was struggling with his own demons of substance abuse irl

Surely anybody with real addiction issues would find playing a part in this show a real "trigger".

• Like 1

Watching criminal record and the gnarled old cop character Hegarty I just can't take seriously as Peter Capaldi seemed to have morphed in to David Moyes.

4 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Thought The Brothers Sun on Netflix was quite good. 

We enjoyed it but thought the last few episodes weren't as good as the first few. It's turn your brain off fun.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mikeyp102 said:

Enjoyed Greselda, although a couple of the later episodes seemed to go on without anything much happening.

Yeah it was OK but nothing more. Got me to start re-watching the original Narcos series thou. Excellent stuff.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah it was OK but nothing more. Got me to start re-watching the original Narcos series thou. Excellent stuff.

I’ve never seen Narcos, so it did get me thinking I should 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

I’ve never seen Narcos, so it did get me thinking I should 

Do it. Wagner Moura, the guy who plays Escobar is brilliant. First 2 seasons are great and the following ones including Narcos Mexico are also good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Finished Deadloch. Astonishingly good. Excellent writing, believably real characters, superb performances. So, so good. Possibly the best thing I've watched in a year. 

• Like 2

Â