Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

On 08/07/2023 at 10:38, Demitri_C said:

Watching "from" very very good so far

Enjoyed the first season, waiting for season 2 to land in Europe 

• Like 1

On 12/04/2023 at 19:46, mjmooney said:

After that, try '1899',

2 episodes in. Thanks for the suggestion. Cancelling it seems massively premature at this point. Hopefully the more people like me that find it a bit late might force their hand. All about the numbers I suppose. (And I read somewhere it was mahoosively expensive to produce)

• Like 1

Very very late to it, but managed to get hold of Apple TV yesterday, and wondered about Ted Lasso, as I'd heard about it. The premise sounded a bit silly, and I thought it would be a hokey American take on football which would seem to be wholly ridiculous to actual football folk. 

I watched 7 episodes of the first series back to back. It's absolutely fantastic. One of the most positive uplifting things I've seen in years, and straight into my top 5 TV shows.  

• Like 3

TV adaptation of Bernard Cornwell's Arthur trilogy "Winter King" being released. Absolutely love those books, possibly more than the Last Kingdom series.

Hopefully it's decent.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

TV adaptation of Bernard Cornwell's Arthur trilogy "Winter King" being released. Absolutely love those books, possibly more than the Last Kingdom series.

Hopefully it's decent.

Loved Vikings, so was keen to watch TLK. Thought it was very poor by comparison, and abandoned it. 

Shouldn't have been surprised, as I have a similarly low opinion of Cornwell's books. I'm really into that dark ages era, so I had high hopes for The Winter King. Didn't get through the first book, and all three went to the charity shop. 

Not quite as bad as the execrable Ken Follett, but getting there. 

Edited by mjmooney

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

What would people compare 'Banshee' to?

'Fargo', say? Or 'Ozark'? 

If I had to guess Mike, I'd say it wouldn't be your thing.

I liked it because it was very, very OTT and often needed a huge suspension of disbelief. Its nothing at all like the two shows you've mentioned there. It's more like a hyperviolent adrenaline pumped drama with pulpy overtones. 

Ridiculous but hugely enjoyable. 

Edited by Designer1
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

36 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Not a lot imo, various other shows do similar elements of it but not as well

Mr inbetween, maybe some bits of justified, small bits of ray Donovan and the shield

Its violent but not silly with it whilst at the same time being a bit drama lite rather than super serious, it works and it's good

On 10/07/2023 at 08:33, VILLAMARV said:

2 episodes in. Thanks for the suggestion. Cancelling it seems massively premature at this point. Hopefully the more people like me that find it a bit late might force their hand. All about the numbers I suppose. (And I read somewhere it was mahoosively expensive to produce)

Their next show is supposedly about a famous German juggler called Tyll set during the 30 year war

• Thanks 1

Just watched The Crown. It was the episode about the Russian Monarch and how the British Royals refused them a safe passage in their hour of need. I thought it quite treacherous of Queen Mary, regardless of the underlying politics. 

Incidentally, of all the actresses who have portrayed the Queen, I don't think any have captured Queen Elizabeth's aura quite like Imelda Staunton.

Started Succession today, first episode definitely grabbed me. They all seem like words removed so that's a positive. 

In addition watched the first episode of season 5 of What we do in the shadows (via nefarious means) and there are some great lines in it as well as Colin Robinson back to being Colin Robinson. 

• Like 1

On 12/07/2023 at 21:32, mjmooney said:

Banshee is **** great, and that’s without the fact that Lili Simmons gets naked numerous times 😍

Â