Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Episode 1 of the new series of Succession is another belter. You can already see that it’s going to be the final series but there’s so much depth to the characters, even though they’re so hateful. Will be gutted when it’s all over. 

• Like 3

Out of boredom and killing time until all the Ted Lasso episodes are available to binge watch , I started watching Quantico 

its terrible and yet strangely addictive  ... anyone else ever watch it ? 

On 28/03/2023 at 15:14, TheMelvillan said:

just finished season 2 of Mr Inbetween

To anyone who recommended it - screw you! 

Also,

To anyone who recommended it - thank you.

It really is a fantastic programme

Just watched the last episode of s2.

**** you indeed.

Now excuse me, I appear to have something in my eye 😢

• Like 2

The Chippendales on Disney was pretty good. 

Unfortunately for me I googled Steve Bannerjee to see if he was still doing his thing, with two episodes left, and got huge spoilers 😡

On 27/03/2023 at 20:18, TheAuthority said:

I was in Argentina a few years ago and in San Baroloche (their version of the Lake District) they are quite proud of the rumors. In fact they present it with a nod and a wink as though it's true, just an open secret.

Yes I believe many high ranking Nazis did escape to Argentina,I think Mengele was able to evade detection and lived there for many years.

The problem with this programme is they have no proper evidence.The whole programme relies on hearsay and any body who was around in Argentina who had any German connections must have connections to Hitler.But in some ways it makes it more enjoyable,if they hear of anyone who happen to build anything around 1945/6 especially if it’s underground they automatically assume Hitler was hiding there.So they visit the dilapidated building and have expressions on their faces that Hitler once must have resided here without any concrete proof.

Its a great programme to watch after a few ales.For me it’s the perfect late night Saturday TV.

Edited by Only2McInallys

On 28/03/2023 at 15:14, TheMelvillan said:

just finished season 2 of Mr Inbetween

To anyone who recommended it - screw you! 

Also,

To anyone who recommended it - thank you.

It really is a fantastic programme

Seconded. I’ve done all three series in about ten days. Really quality stuff.

• Like 1

On 26/03/2023 at 14:25, mjmooney said:

'Black Spot' on Netflix. A French take on the scandi-noir genre, it comes across like a mash-up of Spiral, Twin Peaks and The Blair Witch Project. File under 'enjoyable hokum'. 

Well, we finished S1 of Black Spot. Add to the mix Fargo and the Leone westerns. Never quite rises above its mish-mash of influences. 50/50 as to whether to bother with S2. 

Is Daisy Jones and The Six worth watching, or is it basically a girly thing? 

Binging this again.

First time I saw it I very nearly turned it off straight away but then couldn't take my eyes off it and laughed hysterically and binged the lot whilst still wondering what on earth I was watching. 

AAAABRrRovTkIE1W-16ZrEKbbXZ_T66LLt9VhJ-HP9fjq_vePoLM4Zt60mtRmiD9h3Y3AjHO4pGDpiAVSaW0BmVAVCc9ceyPCzmrZJWOhxUrhGC23Cev3t2G0ac6JZjuWXgM2S5G1Q.jpg

19 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Binging this again.

First time I saw it I very nearly turned it off straight away but then couldn't take my eyes off it and laughed hysterically and binged the lot whilst still wondering what on earth I was watching. 

AAAABRrRovTkIE1W-16ZrEKbbXZ_T66LLt9VhJ-HP9fjq_vePoLM4Zt60mtRmiD9h3Y3AjHO4pGDpiAVSaW0BmVAVCc9ceyPCzmrZJWOhxUrhGC23Cev3t2G0ac6JZjuWXgM2S5G1Q.jpg

I've got tickets to see them in September. I can't wait. 

Have you watched 'I think you should leave'?

I think you'd really like it. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I've got tickets to see them in September. I can't wait. 

Have you watched 'I think you should leave'?

I think you'd really like it. 

Didn't realise they were toutirng. It's my wife's 40th in September so that might be an idea.

I'll check that show out.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Is Daisy Jones and The Six worth watching, or is it basically a girly thing? 

Compelling and dreadful in equal measure. Supposedly based on Fleetwood Mac. I've watched the first 6 episodes.

Just now, bickster said:

Compelling and dreadful in equal measure. Supposedly based on Fleetwood Mac

Yeah, so I gather. I'm sceptical, but I might try ep 1. 

6 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Yeah, so I gather. I'm sceptical, but I might try ep 1. 

It kinda interests me because I'm interested in that whole Laurel Canyon thing, not that I like all the bands but the whole melting pot / interconnectivity thing really interests me, so I'm watching it because of that really

Beware, there is a Disco singer in it ;)

39 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm interested in that whole Laurel Canyon thing 

Me too. And I actually DO like the music. I wouldn't trust a fictional thing like Daisy Jones to get it right, though. There are a few good books on the subject. 

Â