Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

3 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

and The Leftovers (started pretty crap I thought -- weird cult and even weirder Johnson character -- but got a lot better, penultimate ep of S1 -- finally seeing "the 14th" from the viewpoint of the main protagonists -- was incredible).

One of the most underrated shows ever imo, once you realise that it's got no intention of answering your questions and enjoy it for what it is rather than what it's not it gets better and better

Incredible music too

• Like 2

Been less than impressed by most of the stuff Amazon has churned out, especially the fantasy stuff but there is always hope they get something right.

Apparently they've bought the rights to The Day of the Triffids which could be great if done right. Johan Renck is attached who's done some good stuff especially Chernobyl. ( He's also doing the Dune prequel series Dune: The Sisterhood.)

Amazon are apparently also about to release a extremely expensive spy show called The Citadel. Might be something

I'd love to see them - or anyone - do a big budget adaptation of Childhood's End. It wasn't that long ago Syfy did one, but it wasn't amazing by any stretch, and it's the absolute pinnacle of sci fi literature for me. 

10 hours ago, theboyangel said:

My guess is a ‘dimmie’ is dim sum Chinese dumplings or similar.

one episode you see him buying some (and then noticing the two idiots who stole his car whilst he was trussed up in the boot 😂)

It is dim sum. Don't you actually see him eating them in a later episode?

• Like 1

Watched 'Better', mainly to check out the Leeds locations, but it's very much a poor relation of 'Happy Valley'. 

Nice cameo by my old Moseley schoolmate Anton Lesser, though. 

I have been watching A Southern Scandal on Netflix and having watched 2 episodes I have to say it is an extremely gripping story.

I have just noticed today that there was a court case going on in last few weeks and has just come to its conclusion.It’s about the Alex Murdtaugh murder trial.

Edited by Only2McInallys

Finally got round to finishing off the new series of Jack Ryan. Probably not as good as the first better than the second. Surprised this does not get a mention on here at all.

• Like 1

Finished George and Tammy last night. A six part series about country singers George Jones and Tammy Wynette. I'd heard of her before watching it but not him. It is really good with some great acting from Jessica Chastain and Michael Shannon in the lead roles. Well worth watching. 

• Like 3

On 09/02/2023 at 07:57, Follyfoot said:

“1 am going to stick my finger up your ass right to the knuckle”

“Aces” 

🤣🤣🤣🤣

When you originally posted that comment, I honestly thought you were confusing season 2 with 1. It was only when I watched the penultimate episode that I realised it was Malvo"s dental assistant, as soon as she said it, the penny dropped. 

1 minute ago, sheepyvillian said:

When you originally posted that comment, I honestly thought you were confusing season 2 with 1. It was only when I watched the penultimate episode that I realised it was Malvo"s dental assistant, as soon as she said it, the penny dropped. 

It might not be exactly what she says, but it’s similar. She leans over and whispers it to him if I remember rightly🤣🤣

Just now, Follyfoot said:

It might not be exactly what she says, but it’s similar. She leans over and whispers it to him if I remember rightly🤣🤣

What a script. The way he just kills all four of them in the elevator without even looking. "Is this what you want Lester"? Absolute class.

• Like 1

The last episode of Narcos Mexico. I really enjoyed the serial killer story with the guilt- ridden cop Vincent. I thought his acting was excellent, you actually felt exhausted just looking at him. 

I'm really going to miss this show. 

Scoot McNairy never fails to deliver. Loved him ever since Killing them Softly. 

• Like 3

On 04/03/2023 at 13:43, markavfc40 said:

Finished George and Tammy last night. A six part series about country singers George Jones and Tammy Wynette. I'd heard of her before watching it but not him. It is really good with some great acting from Jessica Chastain and Michael Shannon in the lead roles. Well worth watching. 

What's it on before I look to the high seas?

Â