Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

How many episodes are available now mate? I'm trying to hold off so I can binge watch it.

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

There is 5 at the moment. Thats a good idea to binge it over xmas!

Its good because all scenes keep you interested. Its not got many boring scenes in it

5 currently as Dem says. 10 episodes in total, last one airs 15th Jan.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tinker said:

Started The Bear last night, the stress in the restaurant scenes is so realistic. Wouldn't like to work there but it's entertaining watching it all unfold.

I gave up after 3 episodes. I just couldn't get to grips with the shouty shouty script.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, stuart_75 said:

I gave up after 3 episodes. I just couldn't get to grips with the shouty shouty script.

I know what you mean but I have a feeling the shouting is all from one character and he has 'issues' , I'm hoping they get sorted ASAP. 

It’s a completely pointless show. There’s pretty much no content in it, apart from Meghan saying how great her life was before she met Harry. 

They’re definitely getting divorced at some point.

They have all these staged clips recorded on their phones because their friend told them to document their lives (they must have cropped the second part of the sentance where she says “so you can sell the story to Netflix”).

The ironic bit is that Meghan in particular complains about how orchestrated their lives were in the Royal family, but then they’re putting on this exceptionally fake and well rehearsed front for their Netflix documentary.

They are both a pair of pricks living billionaire lifestyles talking about how hard their lives are and the sacrifices they have to make.

Edited by Genie

1 hour ago, Genie said:

They are both a pair of pricks living billionaire lifestyles talking about how hard their lives are and the sacrifices they have to make.

True. But then the Buck House 'Firm' are equally loathsome. I've no intention of watching it, but wasn't there something about stuff they know about paedo Andy, but have been gagged? 

Edited by mjmooney

Its OK to dislike them for who they are, but also have a healthy dose of contempt for those that criticise her for no fathomable reason. I get why they are doing it, as they want to live independently of the palace, that's a plus in my point. They also want to control the narrative that William tries to put out. Again this is reasonable. I would prefer them not to exist, not in a send them to the guillotine way, more a case of this fawning over ex and current royals.

• Like 2

I think it's OK to say their life is shit too, I've got no problem with this that they want to live where they have enough status to try and make a difference but without the intrusion in to their private life

I've not watched it but I did liken it to the Britney Spears documentary, no **** way would I want to live her celebrity life, the media and paparazzi are vermin

But the whole thing about obsessing over the royals and the ex royals is bizarre to me anyway, just leave them alone

Again not seen it so I'm not sure if the doc does talk about it but there has to be boundaries and our culture at the moment doesn't want them and if anything we're getting worse not better

I have watched the first 3 episodes and its much a do about nothing tbh. Its in danger of painting the whole of the UK as being racist when it's obviously just a few morons egged on by a right wing press.

Sooner they fade away into the low profile lifestyles they seem to want the better. 

14 hours ago, theboyangel said:

The Bear is really worth sticking with. The penultimate episode is a masterpiece of anxiety on screen! 

Just started that, three episodes in and it looks a winner 

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But the whole thing about obsessing over the royals and the ex royals is bizarre to me anyway, just leave them alone

True, but they keep thrusting themselves back into the limelight by doing these things which they know will generate huge interest because they want the money.

I agree the press intrusion must be shit, but in comparison to Britney she’s just making music and it’s something that unfortunately comes along with that type of career. 

Meghan and Harry did a huge interview with Oprah spilling the beans on the Royal Family. Then this Netflix show, with more controversial views and opinion on the Royal family.

If they wanted a quiet life away from the Royals then they aren’t really going about it in the expected way. It reads more like they want the money and are using the worldwide interest in the Royal family to generate it. If they really wanted to be left alone they wouldn’t do what they’re doing. 

11 hours ago, Genie said:

It’s a completely pointless show. There’s pretty much no content in it, apart from Meghan saying how great her life was before she met Harry. 

They’re definitely getting divorced at some point.

They have all these staged clips recorded on their phones because their friend told them to document their lives (they must have cropped the second part of the sentance where she says “so you can sell the story to Netflix”).

The ironic bit is that Meghan in particular complains about how orchestrated their lives were in the Royal family, but then they’re putting on this exceptionally fake and well rehearsed front for their Netflix documentary.

The first two episodes on the whole are pretty nauseating (the part about how they met, what they’re like etc). 
However episode three is quite good & talks about the influence they have over the media, colonialism etc. Not really news to British people but this’ll be an eye opener for non-British viewers I think. 
David Olusoga features pretty heavily too which is always good. 

• Like 1

On 14/12/2022 at 23:10, villa4europe said:

My German wife watched it and told me English people are horrible 😂

Germans have a weird admiration/love for the royal family. They are on nearly every magazine cover

• Like 1

Â