Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Westworld has been cancelled, and will not have a fifth (and alleged final) season.

I watched the first season and thought it was alright. Didn't keep up to date after that, heard the quality was worse in later seasons, and never went back.

Is anyone bothered? Did they leave it on a cliff hanger or anything?

What a shame. I could never make it through Season 3.

Hell of a fall from grace, season 1 was incredible, damn close to perfection. Season 2 felt like they just felt like they had to repeat the trick despite everyone seeing it coming, so they made an incredibly simple plotline convoluted as ****, not realising that they couldn't recapture the same experience as the first time round.

I bailed once the episodes were more set in outside real world as it had fallen so far since then, and apparently season 4 was even worse

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Davkaus said:

What a shame. I could never make it through Season 3.

Hell of a fall from grace, season 1 was incredible, damn close to perfection. Season 2 felt like they just felt like they had to repeat the trick despite everyone seeing it coming, so they made an incredibly simple plotline convoluted as ****, not realising that they couldn't recapture the same experience as the first time round.

I bailed once the episodes were more set in outside real world as it had fallen so far since then, and apparently season 4 was even worse

Exactly this.

Season 1 was very good, intelligent TV with just the right amount of plot complexity.

Season 2 tried to take it way too far off track and became a convoluted mess.

A shame really.

I might start series two of White Lotus next. I really enjoyed the first series and was particularly delighted to find April from Parks and Rec (Aubrey Plaza) among the cast for this one. 

13 hours ago, Jon said:

Yep.  She-Hulk very much challenges male masculinity.  It's no surprise therefore that many blokes didn't much care for it. I thought it was superb and an excellent light hearted addition to the MCU cannon. 

Absolutely ridiculous statement. Many blokes didn't care much for it (and women too) because they found it badly written and unfunny, nothing to do with "challenging masculinity". 

9 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Exactly this.

Season 1 was very good, intelligent TV with just the right amount of plot complexity.

Season 2 tried to take it way too far off track and became a convoluted mess.

A shame really.

I completely agree. Gave up after just a few episodes of S2 after loving S1

Very similar to True Detective which had an absolutely outstanding Season 1 - really top quality all around. Writing, acting, everything.

Season 2 was absolute horse sh*t.

Currently watching SAS Rogue Squadron on iPlayer. Very enjoyable.

• Like 1

Hilarious stuff with Alan Partridge on "This Time", him and the female host taking about their rapport with the audience and how they're able to sense "insincerity". To which Partridge says, "have you seen how Noel Edmonds talks to contestants, apparently they won't let cats into the studio because they start to hiss".

55 minutes ago, TheAuthority said:

Really enjoying SAS Rogue Squadron on the iPlayer. Fun stuff!

It's called Rogue Heroes over here, why is yours different? 

7 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Thought I would re - binge Boardwalk Empire. What a character Nelson van Alden was, an anal- retentive, religious maniac, with a badge. Michael Shannon is truly underrated, imo. 

I did the exact same thing earlier this year. Such a great show, one of HBO's finest IMO.

• Like 1

First 2 eps of The White Lotus S2 isn't bad but not on par with S1. Also no Daddario or Sweeney :(. It does have Aubrey Plaza thou and the Jennifer Coolidge character is still a entertaining mess.

S1 was just bonkers and this feels less so but it's still building up to something. Think I might wait until the whole season is out and binge the rest.

11 hours ago, sne said:

First 2 eps of The White Lotus S2 isn't bad but not on par with S1. Also no Daddario or Sweeney :(. It does have Aubrey Plaza thou and the Jennifer Coolidge character is still a entertaining mess.

S1 was just bonkers and this feels less so but it's still building up to something. Think I might wait until the whole season is out and binge the rest.

F***, they’re doing the weekly releases thing.

I’ll wait, then. 

• Like 1

Â