Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

The Terminal List was OK I guess.

Typical paint by numbers invincible US super soldier (but with a family so you know he's a good guy) goes around murdering people. It's all a conspiracy of course and it contains a plot twist that is so obvious that even Stevie Wonder saw it coming.

6/10 passable content filler.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

The Terminal List was OK I guess.

Typical paint by numbers invincible US super soldier (but with a family so you know he's a good guy) goes around murdering people. It's all a conspiracy of course and it contains a plot twist that is so obvious that even Stevie Wonder saw it coming.

6/10 passable content filler.

I was surprised it got such high ratings, it was bang average imo. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

I was surprised it got such high ratings, it was bang average imo. 

8.1 on IMDB. That's hilarious.

Then again Amazon owns IMDB so since this is a Amazon show they might be helping a bit with those numbers.

On 25/07/2022 at 18:40, rjw63 said:

Now moved onto "Better Things" on BBC iplayer. Always liked me a bit of Cokey Smurf 😍

Pretty funny show, around 25 minutes per episode so easy to binge.

I really enjoy the scenes where Pamela Adlon is on the toilet...

spacer.png

Blackbird is some seriously good TV. 

I’d considered ditching Apple TV, but they seem to be coming good. Severance, The Last Days Of Ptolemy Grey, Ted Lasso and now Blackbird have been superb. 

7 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I’d considered ditching Apple TV, but they seem to be coming good. Severance, The Last Days Of Ptolemy Grey, Ted Lasso and now Blackbird have been superb. 

Yeah Blackbird has been ace so far. Surprised about the lack of chatter on here about it. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, wazzap24 said:

I thought this was a great show. Well worth finding on the high seas if Apple TV isn't on your shopping list.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, stuart_75 said:

I thought this was a great show. Well worth finding on the high seas if Apple TV isn't on your shopping list.

It was superb, one of my favourite shows from the past year or so. 

Nicolas Winding Refn’s ‘Copenhagen Cowboy’ being screened 'out of competition' at Venice film festival and coming later this year to netflix.

Lars von Trier's 'The Kingdom Exodus' also being shown at Venice, is going to be on Mubi.

• Like 1

Flintoff’s Field of Dreams is the first TV programme that’s made me cry in a while. Really big hearted and interesting… thought it was going to be a bit patronising, but it takes everyone seriously and tells their stories well, and Flintoff comes across as a decent man.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Designer1 said:

Another vote for Black Bird.

Two episodes in and it's excellent.

I'm surprised D1 given your usual excellent taste!

I find it NBC/CBS network TV filler at best.

The lead actor is just too pretty and chiseled to be taken seriously. The lead psycho is intriguing but ultimately a caricature and I think they've tried to wring too many episodes out of it. Would have been a great 2 parter if done right.

• Shocked 1

4 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I'm surprised D1 given your usual excellent taste!

I find it NBC/CBS network TV filler at best.

The lead actor is just too pretty and chiseled to be taken seriously. The lead psycho is intriguing but ultimately a caricature and I think they've tried to wring too many episodes out of it. Would have been a great 2 parter if done right.

Each to their own and all that, but from what I've read (and seen) both Keene and Hall are supposedly very accurate to their real life counterparts.

I think it's great so far, really well written and superbly acted.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Each to their own and all that, but from what I've read (and seen) both Keene and Hall are supposedly very accurate to their real life counterparts.

I think it's great so far, really well written and superbly acted.

I’m with you and I think both leads have been superb, Egerton especially. 

It remind me of True Detective, it has the same, slow burning, evil vibe to it. It’s superb. 

10 hours ago, wazzap24 said:

I’m with you and I think both leads have been superb, Egerton especially. 

It remind me of True Detective, it has the same, slow burning, evil vibe to it. It’s superb. 

Wow I'm way off the money as I usually agree with a lot of what is posted in here. For me it's Bisa Homes League compared to Season 1 of TD.

As @Designer1 says each to their own.

Apparently Amazon has decided to cash in on the 80's nostalgia that Netflix and others are having with Stranger Things and how now released their own attempt with Paper Girls.

It's Amazon so you get what you always get with them. But this one also has time travel so you know it's gonna be good :D 

Anyway it's supposedly not a complete dumpster fire and it's out today.

Paper Girls: la nuova serie in arrivo su Prime Video

Â