Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

8 hours ago, theboyangel said:

So! Just finished Stranger Things S4 and it did not disappoint. 

It was a very ambitious three way story arc but it worked. 

Also pleased how effortlessly and nicely the new characters such as Eddie Munsen and Argyle were introduced into the series. 

Hide contents

Liked all three storylines, 

Hawkins - very decent on its own with the majority of the main plot

Eleven being retrained and backstory was also decent

Russia with the recovery of Hopper added some great entertainment, especially the use of Maury and Yuri.

So together it worked very well.

Thought it was a brutal way to leave Max though and wonder what state she'll be in when she comes out of the coma? 

Hide contents

Absolutely gutted about Eddie Munsen 😪

Roll on Season 5! 

Spoiler

A long wait to see the Max outcome, she will be alright I assume. 

I had a list of people I wouldn't be alright with them dying, Steve at the top followed by Max, Eddie's impact in this season was so great, he was up there too. Was gutted. All in all fairly satisfactory. Hit all the right parts. 

Assume Will will be coming out in season 5 too. 

• Like 1

Westworld season 4 has started apparently. Haven't got the foggiest about what happened in S3 but I remember that guy from Breaking Bad was in it and there was some memory sphere or some such.

Ah well, it's raining today...

Caught up with the boys, glad I did as I loved it but wish I hadn't as I now want more 

This is America, so much of it is on point as to how I view them 

They just about got away with shoe horning in the pre existing new characters

Gave up with The Boys. I'll go back to it but had no motivation to keep going. Moved back to Stranger Things and will start We Own This City sometime soon

1 hour ago, theboyangel said:

Will start S3 of The Umbrella Academy tonight. Hopefully it’s as good as S2. 

Yep, on a par I would say.  Smashed through the whole lot at the weekend.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep, on a par I would say.  Smashed through the whole lot at the weekend.

Just watched episode 7.

Spoiler

Klaus reanimation training montage of him dying again and again whilst playing ball with his Dad and listening to Cats in the cradle. Brilliant. 

• Like 2

Finally gotten around to watching For All Mankind. It's not bad actually.

It's a bit like The Man in the High Castle-ish what if stuff but without the more fantastical stuff. But about the space race and the cold war instead of Nazis and WW2.

A couple eps into s2 and yeah, not bad.

8 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Is it the season finale of Prime Ministers Questions today? I've missed a few episodes, will I need to catch-up on anything?

i can see there being a cliffhanger ending. fortunately i don't think we'll have long to wait for the new season to start

1 hour ago, Lichfield Dean said:

Is it the season finale of Prime Ministers Questions today? I've missed a few episodes, will I need to catch-up on anything?

Sadly, against popular demand I think they’re going to force another episode on us next week. 

• Like 1

On 04/07/2022 at 09:43, villa4europe said:

Caught up with the boys, glad I did as I loved it but wish I hadn't as I now want more 

This is America, so much of it is on point as to how I view them 

They just about got away with shoe horning in the pre existing new characters

Yeah im loving it. Top show

If anyone is tempted to watch "Night Sky", don't bother. 

I liked it but Prime obviously don't as they've shitcanned it after one season. 

Bit the bullet and signed up for apple tv, mainly to see what Ted Lasso is all about.

Please tell me that it gets better cos after 2 episodes it's all a bit meh. He's too nice and the feeling I usually get when watching a new series (that it's gonna be a belter) just ain't there. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Bit the bullet and signed up for apple tv, mainly to see what Ted Lasso is all about.

Please tell me that it gets better cos after 2 episodes it's all a bit meh. He's too nice and the feeling I usually get when watching a new series (that it's gonna be a belter) just ain't there. 

might spoil it for you, what i consider to be the general theme - 

Spoiler

its a show about mental health in the guise of football, toxic masculinity, misplaced arrogance and then frailties and insecurities, including the men, pretty much all of the main characters suffer from mental issues in one way or another

the second series is more on the nose about it, for me its just easy TV that mostly put a smile on my face, i dont think its necessarily 10/10 stone cold killer stuff and its definitely not nailing the world of football, its not a drama and it has plenty of daft characters but its very well written and the more caricature characters are actually played very well by the actors 

• Thanks 1

Thanks @villa4europe...I'll treat it as light entertainment then....put a smile on my face as you say. I mean, i love a gritty geezer/Latino drug baron/murder type series but at the same time I love modern family for all its daftness, for the easy watching factor

Thanks for your review 🙂

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 1

Â