Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

13 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

S3 not as good so far 

Its solid 8/10 for me, same as season 1, doesn't hit the heights of 2 but that doesnt mean its bad by any stretch 

4 from memory I started when it was weekly but only last 2 weeks, need to revisit it

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tomav84 said:

just got the final episode of severance to go. highly recommended and hope it leaves it open for another series. solid 8/10 from me

cracking last episode but an absolute bastard of a cliffhanger

On 13/04/2022 at 09:33, tomav84 said:

just got the final episode of severance to go. highly recommended and hope it leaves it open for another series. solid 8/10 from me

It's already been renewed for a 2nd season btw

• Like 1

Disappointing Easter special Doctor Who. Not surprising. However, the trailer for the next episode....

Spoiler

... teases the return of Tegan and Ace! Admittedly they'll probably just have cameo appearances, but still, it'll give it a bit of extra nostalgia.

On 15/04/2022 at 18:29, Phil Silvers said:

Watching ep1 and it's a bit of a chore tbh, might ditch it till the full season reviews are out. Damnit, looked awesome on paper too.

I’ve just watched the first two episodes. As you say, sounds great and it’s got a strong cast but it was just… ok. Intriguing enough to carry on with but I’m not hooked.

The most disappointing thing was that it seems like it’s just another show where mystery revolves around 

Spoiler

time travel

based on the end of episode 2. 

Was hoping for something a bit more original/out there. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Finished West Wing again for the 6th time.  I'd love Sorkin to bring it back, or some sort of spin off.

Said before but it did absolutely nothing for me, I lasted a couple of episodes, when governor McCringleberry is telling senator Williums about the attorney General pissing off the house of representatives I don't see the drama because I don't have a clue what any of that means 

Did you ever watch the newsroom? That I did like, very underrated 

8 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

Finished West Wing again for the 6th time.  I'd love Sorkin to bring it back, or some sort of spin off.

It would certainly be nice to take the idealism of West Wing and set it against the absolute ******** ******** that is today’s American political discourse. Would be a nice escape, if nothing else. 

I loved that show. I sometimes wish Martin Sheen actually was president. And I certainly do wish Alan Alda’s character was the actual leader of the GOP. 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

governor McCringleberry is telling senator Williums about the attorney General pissing off the house of representatives

If this were any sexier, you’d get warning points. 

🤤

Might as well re-open the lovely ladies thread with old skool rules next. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Said before but it did absolutely nothing for me, I lasted a couple of episodes, when governor McCringleberry is telling senator Williums about the attorney General pissing off the house of representatives I don't see the drama because I don't have a clue what any of that means 

Did you ever watch the newsroom? That I did like, very underrated 

That's a shame, yeah there is a lot of that but as the first series goes on there are more dramatic bits, especially the cliffhanger at the end of it.  I find the behind-the-scenes political maneuvering quite interesting in general. I wasn't so keen on The Newsroom as I didn't find the writing or acting anywhere near as good, plus it's much more sweary which I didn't think it needed.  Still I might give it another watch.

15 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I’ve just restarted it. Lost count of how many times I’ve seen it. One of the best. 

• Like 3

I liked The Newsroom. Think it’s sort of what Apple were going for with The Morning Show but didn’t manage to do it as well. Currently making my way through Narcos Mexico S3, not sure how it passed me by when it came out last autumn. Top quality!

BCS tomorrow!!

On 17/04/2022 at 13:06, Lichfield Dean said:

Disappointing Easter special Doctor Who. Not surprising. However, the trailer for the next episode....

Hide contents

... teases the return of Tegan and Ace! Admittedly they'll probably just have cameo appearances, but still, it'll give it a bit of extra nostalgia.

Has Adric ever been cameod/come back/rebooted or whatever it is called these days.

Adric was my favorite companion when I was a kid.

3 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

Has Adric ever been cameod/come back/rebooted or whatever it is called these days.

Adric was my favorite companion when I was a kid.

No, don't think so. I thought most people found Adric really annoying though...

Â