Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

4 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

All Of Us Are Dead is really excellent. Top tier Korean zombie action.

I’m up-to episode 9 now , I kinda feel they dragged it out too long if I’m honest 

I was wondering if the fixation with class wars and suicide is a reflection of current South Korean society  ?

2 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’m up-to episode 9 now , I kinda feel they dragged it out too long if I’m honest 

I was wondering if the fixation with class wars and suicide is a reflection of current South Korean society  ?

I’m only on episode 6 myself so I hope it doesn’t fall off. A little surprising that I’m still only half way through so maybe the usual 10 eps would’ve done, but it depends on how much of the wider story gets addressed.

12 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

Yeah pretty much.  Korea has/had the highest suicide rate in the developed world.

• Sad 2

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Started S2 of The Morning Show

Season 1 was an unexpected banger for me, but disappointingly S2 hasn't started that well at all, imo.

I wasn't too impressed with S2. The whole thing felt quite forced. 

• Like 1

Finished This Is Going To Hurt

Spoiler

Enjoyed it but there’s definitely a different vibe to the book and his stage show version. The character is Adam is really quite unlikeable in this adaptation - I wonder if this just didn’t come across in the book or whether Kay (as executive producer) has looked back on that time in his life with a more critical eye when coming to do the tv show? 

The Shruti character is excellent, but again seems to have been invented for the tv show. An important message told through her arc anyway.

Also it seems the GMC complaint was invented for the show too? To add drama maybe?

Finished 1883 and it was really an enjoyable watch.

An American family, the Duttons help Sam Elliots wagon train leader lead a group of German immigrants in a grueling cross country trek, where they encounter anything and everything along the way. 

If you like the original Lonesome Dove, this is for you. 1883 is linked to Yellowstone and I'll definitely give that a go now too.

9/10 

6 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Reacher the series...I watched E1 and it's ok, but nothing special. Does it get better? The lead actor is sort of a douche.

If you've read any of the books you'd be very happy with the show and the actor.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Any Villa references make it into the Reacher series?

Not yet, I don't think there are any in the first book.

11 hours ago, rjw63 said:

If you've read any of the books you'd be very happy with the show and the actor.

I haven't read the books but it's a well made show and the fight choreography is top notch.

I'm happy with the actor still because for me it makes the show funnier  viewing it as a Scully prequel show before the Wing Slutz downfall.

Â