Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

Did anyone else watch the first episode of Sirens on C4 Monday night??

Thought it was pretty decent, a bit like Shameless taking on Casualty!!!!

Very promising start to the series and hopefully will get better as the characeters develop more

Anyone been watching Luther?

Never caught the first series, but this second series is brilliant.

The 4th and final episode I believe is on next week, but definitely worth catching on iPlayer.

It's not the sort of thing I'd watch normally - but it's brilliant. The episode that just happened, Episode 3 was fantastic.

Anyone been watching Luther?

Never caught the first series, but this second series is brilliant.

The 4th and final episode I believe is on next week, but definitely worth catching on iPlayer.

It's not the sort of thing I'd watch normally - but it's brilliant. The episode that just happened, Episode 3 was fantastic.

yeh think ive championed it twice on this thread...

its brilliant and definately watch the 1st series which i think is better....

didnt realise there is only 4 episodes in this series though because there was 6 in the last one

I have the entire first series of Game of Thrones to watch. Looking forward to that a lot as the reviews have been pretty much unanimously positive. And of course there's supposed to be a fair amount of norkage in it.

first series of Game of Thrones

i watched the first episode and switched off about 20mins in as it seemed a tad dull .. clearly i've missed something , should I give it another go , does it get going at some point ?

I have the entire first series of Game of Thrones to watch. Looking forward to that a lot as the reviews have been pretty much unanimously positive. And of course there's supposed to be a fair amount of norkage in it.

You didnt need to bother with the waffle of that middle sentence :)

Have to say some of the episodes of Blue Bloods have been very good but the 2 finales to season 1 were excellent.

The Good Wife latest season finale was also brilliant. They're now showing the whole first season on More 4.

Looking forward to Falling Skies next week Sky+ series link at the ready!

Watched the first two episodes and I'm hooked. :thumb:

I used to be an absolutely mahoosive oasis fan (up until heathen chemistry)

if I could ask Liam Gallagher one question and one question only it would be ''do you realise what an absolute **** bell end you looked on alan carr's chatty man with that ridiculous hair doo''

To anyone who has watched Game of Thrones and is considering reading the books id advise you to do it. Ive just finished the 5th book and can promise you they are the best novels you will read in a very long time. I can't think of any superlatives to describe how good they are.

On a more TV related note if you are fans of Band of Brothers or the Pacific i would suggest 'Generation Kill'. An excellent series which i believe is currently on sale in HMV...

To anyone who has watched Game of Thrones and is considering reading the books id advise you to do it. Ive just finished the 5th book and can promise you they are the best novels you will read in a very long time. I can't think of any superlatives to describe how good they are.

On a more TV related note if you are fans of Band of Brothers or the Pacific i would suggest 'Generation Kill'. An excellent series which i believe is currently on sale in HMV...

Spot on there. The books are fantastic and are real page turners. Martin really knows how to build a good pace and the books seem fly by, even when not much is happening. When things do ramp up (such as through fighting and such) his explaining of them is brilliant. One of the best series of novels I have ever read. Up there with the likes of Rankin's series involving Rebus (totally different genre but the quality is the same).

Good shout on 'Generation Kill' when it comes to a tv show too. It's really good and well worth a watch.

Just picked up season 1 of Treme on Blu Ray. Three episodes in so far, and I think it is great. David Simon delivers again. :)

Kill it, Cut it, Use it.

I was horrified and shocked. Not by the use of animal products, but by the staggering ignorance of the (exclusively young) people selected for the voxpop interviews.

"Where do you think bristle brushes come from?"

"Bristol?"

"No, pig hair"

"Oh my God, no! That's DISGUSTING!"

etc., etc.

Another failure of education, I guess.

:(

I'm 5 in myself and I bloody love it. I expect to finish it over the next two days.

Can't decide if I was slightly disappointed by Luther last night or whether I think it was ingenious - seemed all so far-fetched yet so original and engrossing. The third episode of the series was easily the best, absolutely horrifically gripping.

I'm 5 in myself and I bloody love it. I expect to finish it over the next two days.

Game of Thrones was great, I can't wait for season 2.

Â