Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

Finished Daredevil :(

Yep, me too.

Loved it overall, and despite it suffering from the same issues as the first series I think Marvel have really raised the bar with their TV shows.

• Like 1

And with TWD finishing too, I'll just have to twiddle the thumbs until Game of Thrones comes back in 3 weeks.  Or find something else worth passing the time.

On 4/1/2016 at 18:52, V01 said:

FX

Be a while before it's on in the UK

On 4/1/2016 at 00:14, Brumerican said:

We have the Internet in the UK now.

On 4/1/2016 at 00:30, V01 said:

Clearly I meant on TV/Netflix

*I wasn't mentioning how I watched it.

We have FX in the UK too...

On 01/04/2016 at 00:14, Brumerican said:

We have the Internet in the UK now.

And also up north we have Tinternet, which is a bit like the southern one, only it smells of chips and gravy and instead of pictures of cats it has pictures of whippets.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

And with TWD finishing too, I'll just have to twiddle the thumbs until Game of Thrones comes back in 3 weeks.  Or find something else worth passing the time.

Banshee is back, don't know if you were watching that but it's great.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BOF said:

Finished Daredevil :(

What did you make of it?

I personally think the second series is more consistent than the first but doesn't have the same highs (or lows) of the first either. I also agree with D1 that the show suffers with the same problems across the series, but series 2 for me suffers more for not having a villain that stands up the Kingpin's heights, and for the odd dual storyline that has one clearly interesting story, and one meh one.

I really enjoyed it, and I probably benefitted to some degree in not knowing the characters beforehand, and therefore not spotting problems or inconsistencies that more clued in comic bookers would.  I just saw it as really well-made entertaining TV.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

And was I the only one who didn't think Karen was particularly hot?

She changes in attractiveness scene to scene. There's scenes where she has that sexy secretary thing going on hard, and there others where she looks a bit weird, gangly and dowdy. It doesn't help that her eyebrows change colour constantly throughout the series as well, sometimes going so light as to almost look like she's shaved them off, which never looks good, and the show often portrays her as incredibly whingy and a bit thick which certainly didn't help.

Watched up episode 9 of Daredevil, I dislike Elektra so much by now. I'd say season 1 was much better but I think I'm basing that on the amount of Rosario Dawson rather than anything else.

+1 for Banshee, it's great. Pretty disappointed about the start of the episode though.

Spoiler

What a waste, another of my crushes brutally murdered.

I think that's what I got from her.  The gangly, dowdy, whingy thing.  Whereas Elektra ... well, there's a different kettle of fish altogether :) Even Marci wasn't without her charms.

47 minutes ago, Milfner said:

For those who watch It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia, I stumbled across a fan theory last night that's unbelievably convincing http://greatandpowerfulblog.blogspot.co.uk/2016/02/its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-fan.html?m=1

They have hinted that Dennis is a rapist/murderer for quite some time now . 

The implication ....

30 minutes ago, BOF said:

I think that's what I got from her.  The gangly, dowdy, whingy thing.  Whereas Elektra ... well, there's a different kettle of fish altogether :) Even Marci wasn't without her charms.

See, I thought Elektra was incredibly irritating, and far too thin. In a straight fight I think I go Karen... But each to their own ;)

46 minutes ago, BOF said:

Had to Mooney her, but she'd get got. 

I'm coming up to the end of season 5 of X files & love it. It's pretty dated to look at, you get an episode here & there's that's pretty garbage but on the whole I love it.Was a bit to young to be all that interested in it at the time it first came out. The tongue in cheek episodes are fantastic to.

Oh Gillian, Gillian Gillian Gillian. What I wouldn't give for 5 mins with her. I also want a trench coat & talk in a monotonous tone while investigating government coverups.

• Like 1

Â