Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

For me personally series 2 peaks at the start, agree with your elektra comments, she did very little for me as a character even if I do think that to be fair she's there to create a change in Matt, wasn't fussed by the villains either which I thinks worrying seeing as that's where they're likely to go going forward, also couldn't work out if I liked Karen and she seemed to have a really elevated role in this series

Do think that the quality of what they're doing gives them problems, not sure if the original model was 1 series each followed by them all together in the defenders, so far everything they've done is pushing that further back, I don't see how they write off the kingpin or the punisher, they're too good

D'Onofrio steals series 1. They said at the time it was as much an origin of Kingpin as it was Daredevil and everyone rolled their eyes a bit, but it absolutely is. He takes a slightly silly but important villain and embodies him. It's a great interpretation of a slightly broken man who has become this barely contained raging bully. I'm really hopeful we see more of him. Even if you immediately think of E'gar from MIB - sugar, water. Morr. Morr ;)

I think the whole show has been brilliantly cast, apart from Elektra. I don't rate Elodie Yung. She does a decent job with the character (and she does get better so don't be surprised if your opinion changes) but she's not a great actor, and she's playing a really divisive role - people think Daredevil either improves in her absence or they think it really isn't Daredevil without her. I'm in the former group, she's a rubbish character and always has been. So Yung is lumbered with a crap character she can't play very well from my perspective. Bernthal smashes the part, Cox is a really good Murdoch and Daredevil, etc etc.

You should consider Jessica Jones afterwards. It's a different type of show, but really good with another brilliant villain.

3 hours ago, Chindie said:

D'Onofrio steals series 1. They said at the time it was as much an origin of Kingpin as it was Daredevil and everyone rolled their eyes a bit, but it absolutely is. He takes a slightly silly but important villain and embodies him. It's a great interpretation of a slightly broken man who has become this barely contained raging bully. I'm really hopeful we see more of him. Even if you immediately think of E'gar from MIB - sugar, water. Morr. Morr ;)

I think the whole show has been brilliantly cast, apart from Elektra. I don't rate Elodie Yung. She does a decent job with the character (and she does get better so don't be surprised if your opinion changes) but she's not a great actor, and she's playing a really divisive role - people think Daredevil either improves in her absence or they think it really isn't Daredevil without her. I'm in the former group, she's a rubbish character and always has been. So Yung is lumbered with a crap character she can't play very well from my perspective. Bernthal smashes the part, Cox is a really good Murdoch and Daredevil, etc etc.

You should consider Jessica Jones afterwards. It's a different type of show, but really good with another brilliant villain.

I'm on episode six of season two and think Punisher was very good and a lot better then I expected. Not convinced by Elektra yet and I'm finding Karen annoying (but fit).

Kingpin was fantastic, really stole season one. 

Jessca Jones is very good and David Tennant was fantastic in it.

I find the portrayal of Kingpin is like an evil version of Lenny from 'Of Mice and Men'. And his really effected speech bugs the hell out of me.

However Kilgrave is probably the best villain they've done yet in the MCU. Although if anyone's watched Agent's of SHIELD, the shows not great, but both Bill Paxton and Kyle MacLachan were brilliant in it.

Currently spending my Easter holiday and broken finger recuperation ploughing through Daredevil. It can be pretty shit (and unintentionally hilarious) at times but on the whole, I'm enjoying it and am totally gripped by season 2 so far. It's easily the best Marvel thing I've seen. 

Spoiler

Kudos to those on here who've seen the whole thing but still made the return of Fisk so unexpected! 

That Star Wars trailer will hopefully be like the deadpool trailer few years back where it was like a joke but at the same time showed the studio the huge wave of demand for it to happen

I don't know too much about netflixs business model and how the likes of the marvel stuff sits in it, they're a huge critical success but financially? I don't know how that side of it works, I'd guess a Star Wars show would cost more to produce but then in Marco Polo Netflix have the 2nd most expensive show on TV and that wasn't a success (I liked it)

Personally as much as I love darth maul the TV show would have to be the old Republic, I just think they'd have so much more flexibility and creativity with it then a maul spin off working within the constraints of the canon

Onto Mad Men season two...I just pray to an imaginary god that Hendricks one day gets her fantastic tits out.

Also watched first 4 "Making A Murderer" last night, addictive viewing.

• Like 1

Â