Anyone Watching A Good Tv Show?

AVFCforever1991

I thought the second series paled in comparison to the first tbh.

I found it a little too ott how many times he got away with everything and was never really put under pressure

Still good, but could have been better.

I just got Netflix, half way through Orange in the New Black at the moment (bit lightweight, occasionally funny, quite enjoyable) and I think I'll do House of Cards next.  How closely related is it to the BBC original from the 1990s? 

2 episodes in on True Detective and its absolutely brilliant. Struggle to see how Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughan will be as compelling as MM and Woody though. But such is the brilliance of the writing the who knows.

Incredible cinematography. But as it is the same guy who shot Snowtown and Animal Kingdom that's no surprise.

I've recently read the writer of the shows only novel. Galveston by Nic Pizzolato. Terrific read aswell.

Off work today so I reckon I will have it finished by tonight.

I have a question for Twin Peaks lovers. I've seen Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire, Eraserhead and The Straight Story.

I hated all of them apart from The Straight Story which I loved. Mainly because it was completely different to the other films which I had no time for (apart from the time I set aside to watch it once :)

Should I watch Twin Peaks? I've heard it is a bit of a mind **** and a lot of the stories in the show don't really connect or make sense and that is what I hate most about Lynch. Or is there enough of the straight story in there to redeem it? I've always been intrigued because people praise it so much but I find his films so terrible.

I just got Netflix, half way through Orange in the New Black at the moment (bit lightweight, occasionally funny, quite enjoyable) and I think I'll do House of Cards next.  How closely related is it to the BBC original from the 1990s? 

Can't say as I didn't see the original, but it's a fantastic show. Spacey makes it, naturally, and it is very heavy with the political mumbo jumbo but it's not key to know all of that to enjoy it. It's a brilliant show, I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Just finished "The Bridge" (the Danish/Swedish original)

Absolutely excellent stuff.

Only negative I can give it it is it got a little bit predictable towards the end. I could kind of guess things just before they happened.

BUt doesn't really take away from the show. It's brilliant.

Edit: actually I've finished season 1. Didn't realise there was a second season.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 2

I have a question for Twin Peaks lovers. I've seen Mulholland Drive, Inland Empire, Eraserhead and The Straight Story.

I hated all of them apart from The Straight Story which I loved. Mainly because it was completely different to the other films which I had no time for (apart from the time I set aside to watch it once :)

Should I watch Twin Peaks? I've heard it is a bit of a mind **** and a lot of the stories in the show don't really connect or make sense and that is what I hate most about Lynch. Or is there enough of the straight story in there to redeem it? I've always been intrigued because people praise it so much but I find his films so terrible.

Watch 'season one', it's only 8 episodes, so you'll know if you can take to it or not after that. It's most comparable to Blue Velvet, having the quirky and sincere elements in a more equal measure compared to the other films. Edited by hogso

Only negative I can give it it is it got a little bit predictable towards the end. I could kind of guess things just before they happened.

Edit: actually I've finished season 1. Didn't realise there was a second season.

There is. But **** ing Netflix haven't got it. Grrr.

2 episodes in on True Detective and its absolutely brilliant. Struggle to see how Colin Farrell and Vince Vaughan will be as compelling as MM and Woody though. 

99% of MM previous career was Rom Coms...

Plus the main reason True Detective was awesome was Lili Simmons, same as Banshee. 

She could do me up the wrongun let alone the other way round...

or to quote someone on FB " i'd crawl naked over broken glass just to hear her fart through a walkie talkie"

• Like 2

Gave up on the new Brian Cox documentary.

The BBC just don't do this stuff as well as they used to.

That is because Attenborough wasn't narrating it.

Or writing and directing it.

There is. But **** ing Netflix haven't got it. Grrr.
Yep, that's why I didn't realise there was a second season.

Watch 'season one', it's only 8 episodes, so you'll know if you can take to it or not after that. It's most comparable to Blue Velvet, having the quirky and sincere elements in a more equal measure compared to the other films.

Thanks. My wife is due next month so I'm lining up a few things to watch during the sleepless nights on paternity leave. I'll add Season 1 to the list!

Watch 'season one', it's only 8 episodes, so you'll know if you can take to it or not after that. It's most comparable to Blue Velvet, having the quirky and sincere elements in a more equal measure compared to the other films.

Thanks. My wife is due next month so I'm lining up a few things to watch during the sleepless nights on paternity leave. I'll add Season 1 to the list!

It's brilliant SB, you won't regret it. A complete one off.

There is a main story running through it, the weirdness just adds to the whole thing, rather than just being weird, for weirds sake.

Season 2 slips slightly in the middle, but it was down to pressures placed on Lynch/Frost by ABC and it changed the way they wanted to complete the story.

Plus the main reason True Detective was awesome was Lili Simmons, same as Banshee. 

She could do me up the wrongun let alone the other way round...

or to quote someone on FB " i'd crawl naked over broken glass just to hear her fart through a walkie talkie"

Yes, she is my new favourite person.

Â