The New Condem Government

bickster

better than doing their level worst.
That will come later.

if only we elected unimpeachable statues of perfection from our ranks. Us plebs have never erred / dealt with complex decisions in our life!

Sorry, don't mean to sound overly sarcastic towards you Mike, but I find the tremendous level of cynicism towards politicians to be a drag after a while.

They will lie, screw up and continue to make promises they can't live up to until I die, but **** it, they're the ones who've decided to take on the responsiblity ( lolz I ment POWER ) and we might as well not be so fecking hypocritical in our condemnation of them all the time. Looks like the insidious nature of the media is working. So unbelievably negative. this goes beyond acting as a "check"

Nothing wrong with criticising them when they **** up obviously. But **** it, they're people, not Gods. Why no media hysteria towards um media owners who distort truth and good reporting through their complete shitrag press? Towards journalists who **** around take drugs or perform their job to irresponsibly low standards? Hypocrites, from the moralising douchebags to those changing the argument the minute the colours change on who has said what. A couple of the Telegraph reports over the last month just highlight that it's becoming nothing but a broadsheet in name only, it's journalism is sinking to Daily Mail levels at great speed.

Just grates so much! Yes, they're going to **** up! Yes they may have to compromise on their initial plans when context neccessitates it - but why is their so little appreciation of this? The media create this expectation that answers must be forthcoming on everything NOW NOW NOW . TELL US WHAT YOU WILL DO EVERY DAY FOR THE NEXT 5 YEARS IF YOU HAVE TO CHANGE AT ALL YOU'RE A LIAR AND UNPRINCIPLED.

There's a giant demand they do the impossible, and outrage when it doesn't happen. **** ludicrous.

There are some complete shits in politics, but even bigger ones in media and banks, and other areas of life. Just seems so counter-productive.

Sorry Mike - this really isn't directed towards you! :lol:

I just wish sometimes a genuine chance is given for something to succeed, be it politics, football, whatever without it being torn to pieces by professional hole pickers who have no viable alternative in mind, they just like breaking shit up. Argh.

If it doesn't work, we change, we try something else.

Arrgh. Sorry, in rant mode for some reason.

edited cause I missed some ranting out.

Like it Rodders, you're quite right. I think the politicos could help themselves a bit more by not engaging with the press when the press get all puritanical on them. Less, "I shall resign" and more "Yeah, I **** up, I'm human, I'll try and learn, now **** off back to your hookers, coke and hipflask of whisky in your office drawer."

I've been looking at the agreement in full and I'm liking what I'm reading. A lot of grey areas obviously, but it looks good on the whole. Agreement here

I agree with the media thing. That pug-nosed smart-arsed journalist with the first question asked whether Cameron still considered Clegg to be a 'joke' after an earlier comment. Bloody hell, just give them a chance to do some good work instead of trying to divide them. Tossers.

I thought SamCam looked lovely last night

My wife thinks Mrs Cameron looks like a horse and I have to say I reckon there must be a few mares somewhere down the family tree.

Having said that having just seen a couple of pics of Theresa May in this thread in comparison she is gorgeous.

The problem is, when journalists try to go against the grain they are usually drowned out by the big angry media barons who believe they have a right influence how people think and feel. And they in turn have their egos fed by greedy politicians who take the barons money in order to better their own profile/party and in return give them favours.

There is a political class in Britain and in recent years the media darlings have jumped into bed with the politicians and become part of it. Too busy playing silly buggers with eachother to give a monkeys what is the best for the people.

Unfortunately a lot of people are stupid and weak minded enough to buy into what these corrupt bastards say, which only feeds the beast.

A marriage made in Hell. They have no common policies at all. This will go belly up, just a question of when. Most Liberals are inherently closer in their beliefs to Labour. This will go down as Cleggs clanger.

Actually I thought it was rather funny this morning from one Labour supporting journo who commented how great it was to see the Tories back because there's always the best sex scandals to come out when they're in town.

Completely NOT the image Mr Cameron wants to portray on this momentous day but made me smile.

I don't think it will hurt any cabinet to have 3 Economists who have served their time in the City & Business working to sort out the mess of UK PLC rather than simply a bunch of career politicians and I'm sure this point didn't escape the notice of David Cameron & co neither.

I've been looking at the agreement in full and I'm liking what I'm reading. A lot of grey areas obviously, but it looks good on the whole. Agreement here

I agree, it seems largely sensible and pragmatic (rather than revolutionary) and I think the Lib Dem influence has gone some way to tempering some of the more unpleasant Conservative ideas. I hope that this is a trend for the government as a whole. I also think that Cameron and Clegg maintaining a good personal relationship will be of fundamental importance to the success of this government.

Cheers for the link Anthony.

Some quite specific stuff in that (and some very loose 'aspirational' stuff, too). I will be interested to see how much of it comes to fruition (that's not just being skeptical but also acknowledging that government business often is difficult to implement through a lack of time as much as anything else).

Â