The New Condem Government

bickster

If there is no confidence in the government (as the government comment more than 50% of the vote) I do not see it unreasonable to say there needs to be 55% of people against the govt.
I do. A simple majority of the elected representatives should apply, especially when the democratic fail of fptp has been used to populate the house.

Oh, and Theresa May... WHY? Voting record shows her to be more homophobic that Grayling. Hardly Brown's window dressing either!

If there is no confidence in the government (as the government comment more than 50% of the vote) I do not see it unreasonable to say there needs to be 55% of people against the govt.
I do. A simple majority of the elected representatives should apply, especially when the democratic fail of fptp has been used to populate the house.

I guess it was the Tory response to the fixed term parliament.

Fixed term parliament starting in this one so the Tories can't just ditch the Lib Dems.

55% so that the Lib Dems can't just get the hump and ditch the Tories.

I agree with you, though - it should just be a simple majority. I suppose the difficulty arises if a governing party decides to vote tactically, i.e. to vote against the 'government' in a vote of confidence in order to bring about an early election.

I guess it was the Tory response to the fixed term parliament.

Fixed term parliament starting in this one so the Tories can't just ditch the Lib Dems.

55% so that the Lib Dems can't just get the hump and ditch the Tories.

I agree with you, though - it should just be a simple majority. I suppose the difficulty arises if a governing party decides to vote tactically, i.e. to vote against the 'government' in a vote of confidence in order to bring about an early election.

My reading too, which is why I do not see it as much of an issue. If there was 55% afterall it would be all of the Lib Dems against and the coalition would have fallen anyway

I have found it amusing listening to the radio this morning, the amount of outraged from LibDemshire that have been on crying about working with the Tories is really funny. This is exactly what it will be like under a PR system, welcome to the world of PR and hung parliaments every time. Which I'm in favour of anyway, only chance of getting some consensus politics going, in this instance I think it will temper the worst of the Tories and get some real benefits at the bottom end of the payscale (eventually), whilst still tackling the economy (anyone who thinks Brown wouldn't have done similar economic measures is a tad deluded, it's almost forced upon us no matter who is in control). If we end up with electoral reform or with at least it being on the agenda then all the better and if they do the Great Repeal Act, it will be a huge step forward for civil liberties. Interesting times ahead, I'm feeling slightly more positive about it now.

Thatcher was still a **** witch however

This press conference is a love in.

They are talking very boldly about this coalition being something that they see as a real positive in terms of providing a strong platform for government underpinned by healthy debate on policy.

It's very convincing, I'm not sure if it's true, but I reckon these two would have absolutely no trouble selling you a used car.

Channel 5 bloke: "Prime Minister, do you regret that your answer to the question 'What is your favourite joke?' was 'Nick Clegg'?"

Cameron: "Aha, yes."

Clegg: "Did you?"

Cameron: "Erm...yes."

Clegg: [pretends to walk off]

Cameron: "Please - Come back!"

Christ almighty -this pair think they're hilarious.

So, Clegg's main responsibility as Deputy PM within this new government will be political reform.

Will that improve the chances of those reforms or just occupy all of Clegg's time and provide a convenient distraction. :suspect:

Do politicians ever eat Humble Pie?!!.....

As soon as they do..they're accused of being indecisive.

I know this is one thing that pees me off about the media and other politicians.

Someone admits they made a mistake and then everyone goes;

'you made a mistake, you're shit at everything...FOREVER!"

but then again the media never gets a perspective of things now do they? especially with 24 hour news.

Â