Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He shouldn't cost more than 5m pounds I think. His wages would be much lower than for example Sidwell's.

We know that the wage bill is the main issue of worry so getting Sidwell off it and maybe Heskey and then getting Sigurðsson in could work.

No doubt the wages wouldn't be an issue. I couldn't see Lerner or a new manager paying him more than £10k or £15k per week. And maybe they'd actually play him.

But I think Championship clubs get hit harder when a star leaves compared to Prem clubs. So I think we'd be looking at £7-8m at least. Ashley Young cost us close to £10m when he was the same age. But he looks a decent talent. Maybe not needed should Ireland join though.

I'm not going to claim to be close to this one, but I heard a lovely snippet of a whisper today. Actually, I heard it twice which makes me smile.

Heskey to Sunderland, £1.5m :)

That would be great. All that would leave would be using the Milner money to bid for Huntelaar.

Villa should buy Gylfi Sigurðsson from Reading. He's an attacking midfielder who scores loads of goals.

He had fantastic game this evening when Iceland U21s won Germany 4-1 and scored a brilliant goal straight from a free kick. He wouldn't cost too much and I think he can definitely handle playing in the Premier League.

I think we should snap him up before someone else does.

I agree, he is a fantastic player, best player in the Championship imo.

However, I just can't see where he'd fit if we signed Ireland.

What? Is that his punishment for hitting the crossbar last game?

Turn it around then. What's Albrighton's reward for being MOTM in every pre-season game. I suppose we could ask the PL if they'll let us field 12 players.

Bahhhh

I'd rather award Albrighton by bringing him on for 2nd half or for the last 30 minutes.

I've got it.. Albrighton at RB! :winkold:

A little thing called rotation, though I grant you it's understandable as a fellow Villa fan, you wouldn't have heard that term recently.

:)

Either way, wouldn't we have Delph available in that kind of area, when he's fit anyway?

Heskey to Sunderland, £1.5m

This would be the second best news this summer if that happened.

With the best news being that Ireland is on the way here, of course...

That is not a good news yet :winkold:

But it would be really nice to get such a heavy salary fool of the payroll :-)

A little thing called rotation, though I grant you it's understandable as a fellow Villa fan, you wouldn't have heard that term recently.

Either way, wouldn't we have Delph available in that kind of area, when he's fit anyway?

Yep. I think if we had Petrov, Ireland, Reo-Coker and Delph as our four central midfielders then we'd have some good options for the season. Probably keep Sidwell til January until Delph is fit again.

Then you could also use Young or Downing (or Ireland too) in the number 10 role if we were going to play five in midfield.

It's not like they could play half and half each. Sigurdsson would want first team football if he came to the Premiership surely. He'd be better off going to someone like Bolton.

As much as I'd love a player of his quality as backup I could never see it.

I'm not convinced by Young playing "in the hole" so far. I think he needs more space which he does get out on the wings.

Hopefully he'll prove me wrong though, he certainly has the attributes to play there.

If sunderland have £8m in their pocket surely we should hold out for more? :P

I wouldn't want to risk them calling our bluff and looking elsewhere. Take the money, and run.... fast.

Agree, and if the deal is about to break down,then give him for free.

You mean we could be losing the fear inspiring substitute threat that is Emile Heskey??!!

Trajedy!!

Right can we therefore now please, please take Craig Bellamy off Man City's hands.

He'd give us options - Emile - as lovely a bloke as he is - doesn't!