Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Getting rid of Heskey would be delightful.

Heskey out, Keane in, Milner out, Ireland in? With a couple more signings, and if we convinced someone (ANYONE!) to take Sidwell off our hands, we might actually be facing into the new season with an improved squad.

Maybe the world isn't over after all.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not happy with the Heskey deal at all. Giving them an England striker is one thing, but giving them 1.5m pounds as well to sweeten the deal seems overly generous.

Not happy with the Heskey deal at all. Giving them an England striker is one thing, but giving them 1.5m pounds as well to sweeten the deal seems overly generous.

Agreed... but on balance, we still get the better of the deal. :D

It did seem too good to be true.. Although isn't Welbeck a bit young to go straight into their starting line up? (Or is he older than I think?)

Either way, I can't see a new manager favouring Petrov, Cuellar & Heskey like MON did. MON had an unhealthy obsession with seemingly wanting to prove himself right that he'd spent money on those three.

Cuellar and Petrov were good buys, but it just didn't make sense playing Petrov into a coma and playing Cuellar on the right.

After the initial shock of losing MON, I'm actually quite excited about the season ahead!!

(I realise I haven't posted anything about "Transfer Talk", sorry Moderatoooors, it's just so exciting!)

Sunderland have just lost a lump up front. I don't think Bruce's plan is to replace him with a quick kid who's had little first team experience. Heskey could still well be in his sights.

Also, I would love to see an ITK-off between MM and Gazton.

Selling Warnock and Petrov to Liverpool would be completely pointless and stupid.

It would weaken us a lot - both are very good and important team members who are settled and know the rest of the lads well - with not a lot of time to replace them and certainly not enough money to get any better.

http://tiny.cc/na52l

Who did this?

Villa begin search for manager who doesn’t know Emile Heskey

Following the shock resignation of Martin O’Neill, Aston Villa have begun the laborious task of finding a new manager who doesn’t have a clue who Emile Heskey is.

O’Neill is said to have resigned after billionaire owner Randy Lerner refused to give tens of millions of his pounds to more players like Marlon Harewood, Nicky Shorey and Steve Sidwell.

However, his departure so close to the opening fixture has left Villa just days to find a suitable new manager before the new season kicks off.

A club insider said, “The task has been made all the more difficult by Emile Heskey’s decision to retire from international scapegoating in order to concentrate on his career with Aston Villa.”

“We’re going to need someone who has no idea what this means for the day-to-day running of Aston Villa football club and that they will be working with Emile every. Single. Day.”

“Emile has a contract, so he’ll have to stay, unless we can find a manager who’d want to buy him, which is as likely as finding a manager who doesn’t know who he is - do you see our problem?”

“We’re after someone who has seen very little premier league football over the last ten years, and preferably none of the England games at the last World Cup. That bloke who led North Korea to the finals looked quite good, what was his name?”

Aston Villa

Villa have put together a comprehensive advertisement for the position, with one or two claims raising the eyebrows of fans everywhere.

A club spokesman said, “Yes, I know our advert describes us as a North London club, but we are north of London, and if they can do it with airports then why not football clubs?”

There is also a significant group of fans looking to convince Emile Heskey to reconsider his decision to retire from the International scapegoat scene, in the hope it might attract a potential buyer.

Villa fan, Dave McColgan said, “This latest England squad lacks any real scapegoat. Well, at least one with the experience of Emile Heskey.”

“Can you really see Carlton Cole managing to single-handedly shoulder the blame from an entire nation for England’s latest dismal capitulation? No, nor can I.”

Villa begin search for manager who doesn’t know Emile Heskey

:lol:

Steve Bruce loves heskey, managed him at SHA and Wigan and says he's the best of his type in the country. Whatever the hell that is!

They've got Bent, Wellbeck and Campbell who are all speedy strikers but Jones going means they haven't got a targetman up there.

If we got Ireland, Keane and Bentley, it wouldn't have been such a bad summer afterall. :)

Randy Lerner is willing to finance a deal to bring Tottenham paid Robbie Keane and David Bentley to Villa Park. With James Milner set to secure his long awaited move to Manchester City, a move that appeared to trigger Martin O’Neill’s resignation, the Aston Villa owner is ready to reinvest the money raised from the sale to help bring at least, if not both, White Hart Lane players.

Kevin MacDonald did his chances of getting the permanent position at the club no end of good by guiding his side past West Ham with ease and Lerner is happy to give up to £20 to help bring both long term Tottenham targets.

Harry Redknapp may well be willing to offload former Arsenal man David Bentley but may be less keen on selling Keane who has shown great form during the pre-season matches but is still not a first choice starter at the club. Both players may be excited by a move to a club who could offer a guaranteed run in the first team.

Martin O’Neill was linked with moves for both players during his tenure and it appears that MacDonald values the potential signing of both as well.

http://tinyurl.com/BENTLEY-KEANE