Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Well what a frustrating transfer window thus far :( I know, i know we should all be well used to it by now but this one has been particularly frustrating with the main rumours appearing to indicate:

OUT LATEST

Sidwell to Fulham/West Ham? - All seems to have gone quiet on that front!

Milner to City? - Appears to be heading for deadline day!

Shorey to Forest? - All quiet here once again!

Heskey to Sunderland? - To soon to tell if true or not!

Luke Young to Liverpool - Actually seems highly likely!

INS LATEST

McGeady from Celtic? - Repeated link almost daily but still nothing

Keane from Spuds? - Ditto McGeady!

Huntelaar from Milan? - Apparant press fabrication?

Flamini - Again seems to be press fabrication?

Stephen Ireland - Appears dead in the water/linked to Milner

Many other loose links which are obviously just newspaper fabrications (mostly the Mirror :lol: ) or just incorrect.

So all in all nothing of real excitement other than arguably the Keane & Huntelaar links which have gone very quiet. Have to say it's rather like grating your finger nails off with a cheese grater & i find it quite amazing how many different ways there are of telling the same story regarding the Milner situation! It has to be about 200 versions i have read since the window began all basically saying we want 30m & City don't want to pay that!! Incredible! & very tedious lol!

As far as Ireland goes, in the speculation thread MM says we're in pole and its happening outside of the Milner deal.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh come on, is it really that bad!?!?! Did you really have that bad a time last season watching us get to Wembley, beating Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool.....good god man! Things could be alot worse....surely the O'Leary days, finishing 16th aren't that far in the past to forget?

I'm just worried. I can't help it. I know what you are saying is correct but there is also another side to it, to progress we need to improve faster than at least 1 of the top 4 and all of the rest, that's the bottom line. For all the great wins we had we had some proper shockers, I flew over to watch the Chelsea game at VP and yes it's nice to beat them but look at the away fixture result.

Getting to Wembley is good as you say but the squad as a whole is fundamentally not strong enough to do it for the whole season, if it was we would have had to get the open topped bus out of retirement but we were inevitability tired and devoid of ideas.

I, as many others know what we need to do what we desire but we are nowhere near currently. Chelsea midfielders score more than our strikers and no one seems to think this is a problem. I just want a scrap of good news, that's all. Selling our best players every year is driving me mad, once that's sorted i suppose I will cheer up.

My mate of a mate of a mucker says we're currently in talks with Fulham for Dickson Etuhu with the possibility of cash + Sidders. Just waiting on the managerial position to be sorted first.

IF true I wouldn't expect more than 4 million cash to go along with Sidders. Probably a slight upgrade but he would definitely add some bite in midfield.

Etuhu was poor when he played for Norwich - and got binned.

Lazy and full of himself.

This is garbage - hopefully.

Derby are after a pacey striker to suppliment their attack and Clough is looking at youngsters of premier clubs. Just wonder if one he may want on loan is Delfouneso

Dickson Etuhu is a shocking footballer. I wouldn't even call him a footballer. Every pass is going backwards/sideways/to the opposition. 90% of the time he is busy recovering his own mistakes.

Villa should sign Gustavo Colman for central midfield. Plays for Trabzonspor in Turkey and should only cost 6/7 million. This guy has got incredible range of passing and glorious style. He can score goals as well....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umfg_8JV93o

Luke young to Liverpool is a joke. One of the best RB's in the league, disgusting he could not get a game last year. He'll prob go and get more games there tbh, MON has made his mind up on him. If I was him I'd be out the door like a shot.

Oh come on, is it really that bad!?!?! Did you really have that bad a time last season watching us get to Wembley, beating Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool.....good god man! Things could be alot worse....surely the O'Leary days, finishing 16th aren't that far in the past to forget?

Well...how easy it was to compare with DOL´s worst season...hahaha...

If Heskey is sold to Sunderland, then I'm starting to believe if there really is a god after all

You'd be able to cross it off the list of things to complain about but the bad point is that you'll have to find something else to fill it.

If Heskey is sold to Sunderland, then I'm starting to believe if there really is a god after all

:D do you ever say anything positive? you're worse than me haha

It's very Hard to say anything positive about Heskey :twisted:

:D very true, the quicker he leaves the better