Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just read a rumour on news now that Heskey may be on his way to Sunderland. The Mackems are throwing themselves under trams and clogging themselves to death even as I type this! :lol:

Wheres that freakin prayer emoticon when you need it?!!

I dunno but the good lady is down on her knees with her eyes squeezed tightly shut giving it HALLELUJAH! and I'm behind her all the way on this one!

O lord if it pleases you to take this our brother Heskey, and deliver him up to that hotbed of football the stadium of light , then there'll be a few extra quid in the collection box on sunday, in a brown paper envelope of course.

Amen.

Played devils advocate to Heskey in past and for some god knows reason actually briefly thought O'Neill might have made a shrewd move when he bought him here season and half ago or whatever-ie- he might be somehow manage to conjure up the same player from Leicester or Liverpool days . But **** me hes awful - and whatever he did have hes been past it for years now. Great at falling over for no reason though.

Cmon Brucie do us a favour.

Bramble is a decent centre half who is remembered for his mistakes which came particularly in his early years. Same (but not as good) as what happened to David James, who, as anyone who went to Villa Park regularly in his time with the club will know was a fantastic goalkeeper only matched by Bosnich in recent history.

Bramble is a decent centre half who is remembered for his mistakes which came particularly in his early years. Same (but not as good) as what happened to David James, who, as anyone who went to Villa Park regularly in his time with the club will know was a fantastic goalkeeper only matched by Bosnich in recent history.

Agreed, Bramble is a good centre back who is tarnished by a period of 18 months where things went wrong, under Bruce he improved so much I would say he is better than a few of the players who have played for England.

His overall skills arent that good so that he is interesting for european football. I only meant his achievement on the World Cup.

could you please clarify what you mean? Do you want us to sign him or what

No I dont want Villa to sign him. Villa need to spend money on much better skilled players..which wont happen with MON in charge but that is another story.

Only I said was that I think he was quite good in the World cup consider he played for a very weak international team. And he was better than many of the so called superstars from England and France during the World cup.

Oh bugger off, MON has signed plenty of players better skilled than Tsabalalala. And I'd wager that come the end of the window he will of signed a few more!

His overall skills arent that good so that he is interesting for european football. I only meant his achievement on the World Cup.

No I dont want Villa to sign him. Villa need to spend money on much better skilled players..which wont happen with MON in charge but that is another story.

Only I said was that I think he was quite good in the World cup consider he played for a very weak international team. And he was better than many of the so called superstars from England and France during the World cup.

Oh bugger off, MON has signed plenty of players better skilled than Tsabalalala. And I'd wager that come the end of the window he will of signed a few more!

I hope your right and we'll see.

Sorry..I wasnt clear on what I meant. My intention was to say that MON wouldnt spend money on much better skilled FOREIGN players.

I am tired of the old british players because MON is an absolute joke on the transfer market. He sign british players for over the top fees and then give them over the top wages...plays it safe and boring..we end up with "kick n´run" team and tactics. It has given us three sixth places yes...but we have had a good chance to improve on that before yet it has been missed out as I see it because MONs reluctance to look abroad for great bargains to lift the squad.

Sorry..I wasnt clear on what I meant. My intention was to say that MON wouldnt spend money on much better skilled FOREIGN players.

I am tired of the old british players because MON is an absolute joke on the transfer market. He sign british players for over the top fees and then give them over the top wages...plays it safe and boring..we end up with "kick n´run" team and tactics. It has given us three sixth places yes...but we have had a good chance to improve on that before yet it has been missed out as I see it because MONs reluctance to look abroad for great bargains to lift the squad.

id rather we signed good players and don't care where they're from. Signing players because they're foreign is as bad as MON signing players because they're British.

id rather we signed good players and don't care where they're from. Signing players because they're foreign is as bad as MON signing players because they're British.

That is the usual defence from MON fans..."doesnt matter where they come from"...I dont believe it for a second!

Yes..we all want great quality players to the club. And where do you find them? In every corner in GB or abroad? I think that it all are proved when you look at the World Cup and when you look at all the top clubs in Europe or in England. Clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City struggle to find players good enough for their teams that comes from England. They need to be exceptional because the foreign players they have are highly skilled on many levels.

I think that Villa needs influences from abroad to make our team get another dimension to the gameplay. We are dull to watch. I am a Villa fan to the bone, but last season when I looked the team most of the games got me to yawn after 20 minutes...and I honestly couldnt look the whole games through.They show glimpse of good plays but usually Villa are boring and very predictable. We have a great weapon in our defence and also in our speedy attackers Young/Agbonlahor.

Well what a frustrating transfer window thus far :( I know, i know we should all be well used to it by now but this one has been particularly frustrating with the main rumours appearing to indicate:

OUT LATEST

Sidwell to Fulham/West Ham? - All seems to have gone quiet on that front!

Milner to City? - Appears to be heading for deadline day!

Shorey to Forest? - All quiet here once again!

Heskey to Sunderland? - To soon to tell if true or not!

Luke Young to Liverpool - Actually seems highly likely!

INS LATEST

McGeady from Celtic? - Repeated link almost daily but still nothing

Keane from Spuds? - Ditto McGeady!

Huntelaar from Milan? - Apparant press fabrication?

Flamini - Again seems to be press fabrication?

Stephen Ireland - Appears dead in the water/linked to Milner

Many other loose links which are obviously just newspaper fabrications (mostly the Mirror :lol: ) or just incorrect.

So all in all nothing of real excitement other than arguably the Keane & Huntelaar links which have gone very quiet. Have to say it's rather like grating your finger nails off with a cheese grater & i find it quite amazing how many different ways there are of telling the same story regarding the Milner situation! It has to be about 200 versions i have read since the window began all basically saying we want 30m & City don't want to pay that!! Incredible! & very tedious lol!

That is the usual defence from MON fans..."doesnt matter where they come from"...I dont believe it for a second!

Yes..we all want great quality players to the club. And where do you find them? In every corner in GB or abroad? I think that it all are proved when you look at the World Cup and when you look at all the top clubs in Europe or in England. Clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City struggle to find players good enough for their teams that comes from England. They need to be exceptional because the foreign players they have are highly skilled on many levels.

I think that Villa needs influences from abroad to make our team get another dimension to the gameplay. We are dull to watch. I am a Villa fan to the bone, but last season when I looked the team most of the games got me to yawn after 20 minutes...and I honestly couldnt look the whole games through.They show glimpse of good plays but usually Villa are boring and very predictable. We have a great weapon in our defence and also in our speedy attackers Young/Agbonlahor.

Lux, agree with everything you have written. It's like watching one of them old Hamlet adverts at the moment, this is the team that bought British just when everyone else didn't, this is the team that waits in the market for value when there is no value in the market, this is the team that goes for 4th and buys Hesky, this is the team that plays 442 when everyone else is changing, this is the team that put 20 M on Red and the ball bounced into the road, this is the team that buys players and never plays them....and so on.

God i'm fed up. Looking at the people we are linked to is enough to make me feel ill. If these players are the answer I am scared to death what the actual question is.

Oh come on, is it really that bad!?!?! Did you really have that bad a time last season watching us get to Wembley, beating Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool.....good god man! Things could be alot worse....surely the O'Leary days, finishing 16th aren't that far in the past to forget?