Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

I'd say that one thing O'Neill almost undoubtedly is is ambitious, myself.

according to what? buying Heskey in Jan 09 when we needed a top striker to aid our CL challenge? buying nobody last Jan? Please enlighten me

Ambition is tempered by the realities of the situation you find yourself in. This Jan for example, it's pretty obvious we'd not got the funds for players one way or another. You may have noticed that's hungover to now.

I think O'Neill has the ambition to do things and succeed. He may go about doing so in his own way, but if he wasn't ambitious I don't think he'd be in the current job. It's just something you can tell about the man, and sometimes what he says.

It's clear now that his foremost thoughts are of realities, but I daresay he's still has thoughts of achieving a lot. He just, currently, can't.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

according to what? buying Heskey in Jan 09 when we needed a top striker to aid our CL challenge? buying nobody last Jan? Please enlighten me

Ambition is tempered by the realities of the situation you find yourself in. This Jan for example, it's pretty obvious we'd not got the funds for players one way or another. You may have noticed that's hungover to now.

I think O'Neill has the ambition to do things and succeed. He may go about doing so in his own way, but if he wasn't ambitious I don't think he'd be in the current job. It's just something you can tell about the man, and sometimes what he says.

It's clear now that his foremost thoughts are of realities, but I daresay he's still has thoughts of achieving a lot. He just, currently, can't.

You agree that we have no money? I have been saying this for some time but other people seem to think we have a bottomless pit, therefore we should be looking to do the Milner deal quickly in order to generate funds as well as selling off other fringe players.

He doesn't act like he has ambition with his speed in the transfer market and ability to get things done and prepare for the new season.

You agree that we have no money? I have been saying this for some time but other people seem to think we have a bottomless pit, therefore we should be looking to do the Milner deal quickly in order to generate funds as well as selling off other fringe players.

He doesn't act like he has ambition with his speed in the transfer market and ability to get things done and prepare for the new season.

So to you, ambition is dependant on how quickly you resolve issues?

So to you, ambition is dependant on how quickly you resolve issues?

yep, that seems to be his quite strange standpoint.

He seems to think that selling Milly quickly (and therefore for probably less money) is more ambitious than playing hardbal and either keeping him, or getting the maximum we can for him.

I find that a strange definition of ambition.

Do you feel that the players at Villa feels the clubs strong ambition? Selling Barry and soon Milner?

I like what Redknapp said on TV the other day..."Last season was tremendous for us...and now we need to push on from that to establish ourselves in top four." He has eyes on three signings he would like to add to current squad.

THIS IS what MON should´ve done when we got ourselves to the Europa League first season. Spend money on players that would make the difference and would push us up...

He spent on players to keep us at a "standstill"...and this is what he will do again selling Milner. We will see a safe signing from MON to make up for the loss of Milner but NOTHING that will bring us any closer to the top..and NOT a player that would create a huge buzz at the place. 100 different shades of grey...

MON must be smiling all over his face now seeing all of these managers like Redknob with the problem of cutting their squad to 25 players. No such problem for our MON, eh?

the only thing im really smiling about this transfer window and its not even a positive thing....

anything to brighten up our transfer window plz

Paintball any1??

But if we do see a signing.... yes thats an if, we wont see the best of them til next season because they wont have had a full preseason. :bang:

Dunne, Warnock and Collins didn't seem to mind. They will of had a preseason at whichever club they come from so that is not an issue.

I don't buy into this pre season malarkey its not like they are not training with their respective clubs. i remeber everyone saying Salifou would come good after a full pre season..I'm still waiting!

But if we do see a signing.... yes thats an if, we wont see the best of them til next season because they wont have had a full preseason. :bang:

Dunne, Warnock and Collins didn't seem to mind. They will of had a preseason at whichever club they come from so that is not an issue.

I don't buy into this pre season malarkey its not like they are not training with their respective clubs. i remeber everyone saying Salifou would come good after a full pre season..I'm still waiting!

I am willing to give Downing more of a chance because he missed it all with injury but once you are sharp it doesn't matter which club you do it with.

And every club will have their players in great shape for the start of the season.

If you dont think having a full pre season makes a significant difference you know absolutely **** all about anything.

Why would they even bother having them otherwise? It does make a difference.

..and it does make a difference knowing your teammates before opening day of the Premier League.

I am really annoyed by MON´s reluctance to be active on the transfer market. He is skilled manager but many other top managers could have done what he has done to be fair...and be much more exciting with signing players.

Dunne, Warnock and Collins? Yes they were brilliant to step into the team as quick as they did but what kind of players are they? Defenders...with limited skills on the ball and with a load of experience of british football. Safe safe safe...dont get me wrong..I am happy to have them at Villa...but they arent any superstar quality. There were NO push for Europe with these players signed...it was necessary signings and it were safe signings to at least upheld our status as a top 6 team.

If we even consider buying Carlton Cole for £16m I will end up in psychiatric care...