Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

- McGeady - Petrov - Young - Downing -

- Keane - Agbonlahor -

Ew, I don't know if that's good or bad?

Children who couldn't walk would breeze through that midfield like it wasn't there.

A Premier League team witha decent midfield? Well, I suppose 'lol' suffices.

Lol, wut you chatting. It's the same pretty much except we're playing Young in Milners position.

How the **** does anyone expect us to play then? This is the next century, you don't expect MON to play a 4-2-1-2-24#-5-6-7-2-1 formation. And as it's looking a good possibility we're signing Aiden you'd be daft as hell to drop Downing/Young or McGeady. We also are crying out for a striker so again I don't fancy us playing Young behind a 1 man striker.

To be honest, we're **** at the moment.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- McGeady - Petrov - Young - Downing -

- Keane - Agbonlahor -

Ew, I don't know if that's good or bad?

Well with that mid i can see petrov being dead on his feet after 5 games.

It would put so much strain on the defence.

IMO i dont think we will see this line up this season.

- - - - - Petrov - - - - - Flamini

Albrighton - - - Ireland - - - Milner

- - - - - Young - - - - - Gabby

Mid/for subs: Delph, McGeady, NRC, Keane, Carew

Out: Sidwell, Downing, Heskey

Lol, wut you chatting. It's the same pretty much except we're playing Young in Milners position.

How the **** does anyone expect us to play then? This is the next century, you don't expect MON to play a 4-2-1-2-24#-5-6-7-2-1 formation. And as it's looking a good possibility we're signing Aiden you'd be daft as hell to drop Downing/Young or McGeady. We also are crying out for a striker so again I don't fancy us playing Young behind a 1 man striker.

To be honest, we're **** at the moment.

Wut I'm chatting is theres a big difference between Milner, who did do some defensive work and has something about him (and still left Petrov with an arseload of work), and Young, who is about 9 stone and for all the defensive work he can do on the wing, isn't cut out for CM.

Petrov would be in a bodybag by Christmas, and thats from someone who thinks this stuff about him being knackered on 60mins is balls.

3 at the back then?

Oh hehe i forget that there's a right back. No seriously never 3 at the back!

So...

- - - - Petrov - - - - Flamini

Young - - - Ireland - - - Milner

- - - - - - - Gabby

Mid/for subs from: Albrighton, Delph, McGeady, NRC, Keane, Carew, Weimann.....

Out: Sidwell, Downing, Heskey...

---------Petrov-----Flamini-----

Young--------Milner---------Downing

---------------Gabby------------------

I'd be happy with that and if the rumours are right it would cost about 5 million!

retired? i thought he was in his mid twenties or was it for medical reasons?

Heart condition, exceptionally unlikely he'll play again. He hasn't since October 08.

He's not officially retired yet.

Thanks for the headsup id use wikipedia but cant on my comp at work due to IP ban changed alex mccleish and david sullivan's homepage info to many times and got banned for "abuse" lol

He was on TV during the Spanish team's victory parade. He said he hoped that he could play again. Real Madrid actually tried to NOT honor his contract and cut him loose at the end of last season. It created a huge shitstorm and I think he is still getting paid until 2011.

Don't think he'll play again. Even if he did, he'd have been out of football for nearly 3 seasons....and he's Spanish and hasn't played in the UK, etc.etc.

We won't get Flamini, he's too good for us and probably has ambition

Of course, none of our players have any ambition, ditto the manager, owner...

We might not get Flamini even if MON did want him, but don't you ever get bored by your own negativity towards the club you apparently support?

We might not get Flamini even if MON did want him, but don't you ever get bored by your own negativity towards the club you apparently support?

It's not negativity, it's realism, there's a difference, the manager certainly doesn't have ambition, probably doesn't know the meaning of the word

It's not negativity, it's realism, there's a difference, the manager certainly doesn't have ambition, probably doesn't know the meaning of the word

See that's not realism it's just childish, or if you do believe it - stupid.

I'd say that one thing O'Neill almost undoubtedly is is ambitious, myself.

according to what? buying Heskey in Jan 09 when we needed a top striker to aid our CL challenge? buying nobody last Jan? Please enlighten me

See that's not realism it's just childish, or if you do believe it - stupid.

give me evidence to support your belief that he has ambition....