Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Liverpool have announced that they have put plenty of players up for sale....perhaps we might be interested in one two from the list?

Lucas Leiva, David Ngog, Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Damien Plessis, Charles Itandje, Diego Cavalieri, Phillip Degen and Nabil El Zhar.

Just a suggestion.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i could get any players going, not dependant on money id have,

Hart

Richards

Ireland

Bentley

Keane

Much better all round squad with those players in.

Maybe £10m a piece? Wouldnt be a huge outlay if we sold all of our fringe players.

Liverpool have announced that they have put plenty of players up for sale....perhaps we might be interested in one two from the list?

Lucas Leiva, David Ngog, Sotirios Kyrgiakos, Damien Plessis, Charles Itandje, Diego Cavalieri, Phillip Degen and Nabil El Zhar.

Just a suggestion.

The football version of Poundland.

I know this is all very simplistic and it is a hell o a lot harder than us lot say on paper.

But, in my simple terms:-

1. Get around 20m PLUS Ireland for Milner - player about even, and dosh to spend

2. Spend that 20m - or however much of it it takes (prob around 16, bearing in mind they put a downpayment of 8m on him) on a certain forward who we should have bought originally - Darren Bent !!

3. Now break even, or maybe around 4m left over.

4. Sell Heskey for 2m , add it to the 4m - and go and get Keane - thus completing the forward line for around the next 6 yrs !

5. Get rid of the others like Sidwell, and buy a quality full back for it.

TOTALLY BREAK EVEN

6. Use whatever funds we actually had this year to buy that elusive "other" midfielder we need (or if we are happy with Ireland, Petrov, NRC and Delph - use it on a young goalie)

Easy !

On above , two players I'd actually look at at Plop -

Kuyt - but dont think he will leave

Babbel - probably will leave, and I just think he is better than what he has shown so far.

I've decided to have a go at this management lark - seems pretty easy to me:

Out - Milner 25m, Heskey 1.5m, NRC 3m, Sidwell 2m, L Young 2m, Shorey 2m, Davis 5m, Beye 1m, Salifou (priceless) = £41.5

In - Keane 6m, Huntelaar 12m, Bentley 8m, Ireland 10m, Carrick 10m, Onhua 5m, Richards 8m = £59m

Investment required from Randy - £17.5m

Jobs a good'en - champions league here we come! Do I get the job?

^^^ This!! It's that simple MON, we'd be a lot stronger if we signed those players, can someone tell me why our transfer plans have been on hold for around 2 months whilst this brat makes his mind up?? I said all along that we're skint!

I've decided to have a go at this management lark - seems pretty easy to me:

Out - Milner 25m, Heskey 1.5m, NRC 3m, Sidwell 2m, L Young 2m, Shorey 2m, Davis 5m, Beye 1m, Salifou (priceless) = £41.5

In - Keane 6m, Huntelaar 12m, Bentley 8m, Ireland 10m, Carrick 10m, Onhua 5m, Richards 8m = £59m

Investment required from Randy - £17.5m

Jobs a good'en - champions league here we come! Do I get the job?

Not quite, 13m on Nedem Oneo and Richards. No thanks

The others would be good signings though and that would be good team.

I doubt we'll sell all of those players though to raise the funds, i think MON has put a 4m price on Reo-Coker (apparently).