Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely THRILLED that we missed out on Titus Bramble. For £1m he would be a very lethal prospect to MON. Exactly the type of signings he has made before mixed with some much better too of course...

I am relieved...even though Titus had a much better last season than the one before. Still not good enough...

Absolutely THRILLED that we missed out on Titus Bramble. For £1m he would be a very lethal prospect to MON. Exactly the type of signings he has made before mixed with some much better too of course...

I am relieved...even though Titus had a much better last season than the one before. Still not good enough...

errr no he had a great season the year before but a pretty average one last year. £1m is a bargain though I still wouldn't want him at Villa

I don't think that anyone has been signed this window that I wish we would have signed apart from United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City. There is not a single player that I wish we had signed and was a possibility.

A signing would be nice though.

The problem is though Gabby, we're trying to catch those very clubs and they are moving further ahead. This summer MON really needs to be more creative with his signings or we'll lose further ground.

I don't think that anyone has been signed this window that I wish we would have signed apart from United, Chelsea, Arsenal, City. There is not a single player that I wish we had signed and was a possibility.

The problem is though Gabby, we're trying to catch those very clubs and they are moving further ahead. This summer MON really needs to be more creative with his signings or we'll lose further ground.

We are, but we all know we are not going to match Utd, Chelski and Citeh in the transfer window. Doesn't mean we can't make good buys though.

We are, but we all know we are not going to match Utd, Chelski and Citeh in the transfer window. Doesn't mean we can't make good buys though.

Fair point BB. I think MON is under more pressure this summer to pull a rabbit from the hat if we are to progress. I know it's been said before but this summer is the most important for him yet IMO.

Chelsea, United and Arsenal are far beyond us at the moment and I don't think we will be able to catch them any time soon. I just don't think it can be called a problem when there is 6 weeks left of the window and City are the only ones who have improved significantly and there is nothing we can do about them.

The only problem is that it is not very exciting waking up as a Villa fan these days. I'm sure we will sign someone and that it will be the right players but we want something concrete to go with all this speculation.

Chelsea, United and Arsenal are far beyond us at the moment and I don't think we will be able to catch them any time soon. I just don't think it can be called a problem when there is 6 weeks left of the window and City are the only ones who have improved significantly and there is nothing we can do about them.

The only problem is that it is not very exciting waking up as a Villa fan these days. I'm sure we will sign someone and that it will be the right players but we want something concrete to go with all this speculation.

Just imagine how many pages we would have filled if we were Citeh fans??

The conversations would be wild. "I'd quite like for us to sign that Iniesta character" etc etc. And they'd mean it!!

We're just happy NOT to have signed Titus Bramble!! :lol:

Changing the subject off Milner for a bit cause to be honest I would like to him to stay but this seems like Barry all over again!

But I've heard a worrying story that Warnock is off to Liverpool for at least £8m and the deal could be done sometime this week?

Can anyone confirm or is this ITK (and GOD i'm getting fed up with it now - SIGN SOMEONE MON!)

Warnock is my favourite player so i hope not! I doubt we'd accept it as we got him for 8 million so no profit! He's our number one left back, and our best full back we've had in ages so very much doubt he'll be going!

Chelsea, United and Arsenal are far beyond us at the moment and I don't think we will be able to catch them any time soon.

The way I see it is that any signings these clubs make can only improve them very marginally. In our case, on the other hand, one or two shrewd signings could make a far bigger relative impact and in fact close the gap quite a bit.

I don't think it's the case that we just get further and further behind the big spenders. These clubs have to spend big to more or less stand still. Chelsea, for example, will be buying to replace aging players. Will any new striker they could bring in be significantly better than Drogba has been?

Compare the difference to our squad when we eventually replace our aging strikers.

According to the Metro today only ourselves and Blackpool haven't signed a player, and its just over 3 weeks until the start of the season.

If MON signs any player now and moans about not having a pre-season under their belt only he is to balme!!!

Warnock is my favourite player so i hope not! I doubt we'd accept it as we got him for 8 million so no profit! He's our number one left back, and our best full back we've had in ages so very much doubt he'll be going!

Didnt we pay 6 million for him. Will eb a 6 million loss for Liverpool on him.

Plus we would get Young at left back where he is better. Warnock was awful for last 5 months of last year

Changing the subject off Milner for a bit cause to be honest I would like to him to stay but this seems like Barry all over again!

But I've heard a worrying story that Warnock is off to Liverpool for at least £8m and the deal could be done sometime this week?

Can anyone confirm or is this ITK (and GOD i'm getting fed up with it now - SIGN SOMEONE MON!)

I think it's BS tbh. I heard something this morning about Liverpool going after Bridge.

Buying Bridge would make more sense as he's probably already been replaced at City and he'd probably cost a similar amount to Warnock.