Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

If Michael Johnson's back/hips are okay now, he'd be a decent signing from Citeh too.

From what ive heard, Johnson's taken the Georgie Best route through his football career.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Michael Johnson's back/hips are okay now, he'd be a decent signing from Citeh too.

From what ive heard, Johnson's taken the Georgie Best route through his football career.

Was just going to say, I'd be more worried about his drinking arm than any hip injury!

Was just going to say, I'd be more worried about his drinking arm than any hip injury!

Paul McGrath ..... not unknown for him to have a drink?? although probably easier to get away with at CB.

I hope to God we get Ireland as part of the deal - that would really soften the blow, even though he seems a bit of a top hat. He is exactly the sort of player we need in midfield (alongside a more mobile defensive mid).

If MON doesn't get Ireland and only gets McGeady in...shit.

Paul McGrath ..... not unknown for him to have a drink?? although probably easier to get away with at CB.

And when you're a genius, like Paul & George.

Not a great deal of time to find a replacement, if this takes a week or two to sort out.

If Sidwell goes in the next couple of weeks as well, our starting midfield for the opening Premier League game may be Downing, NRC, Petrov, Young

Not a great deal of time to find a replacement, if this takes a week or two to sort out.

If Sidwell goes in the next couple of weeks as well, our starting midfield for the opening Premier League game may be Downing, NRC, Petrov, Young

Not a bad midfield methinks, just the lack of cover that concerns me.

but I would assume if they know MIlner is going and will be sold, Randy would let MON spend some money knowing there will be some coming in.

it's not like the bank is completely empty, even if we have no budget (and I'm not saying we have no budget, I think we do. Just saying IF)

Warnock is my favourite player so i hope not! I doubt we'd accept it as we got him for 8 million so no profit! He's our number one left back, and our best full back we've had in ages so very much doubt he'll be going!

Didnt we pay 6 million for him. Will eb a 6 million loss for Liverpool on him.

Plus we would get Young at left back where he is better. Warnock was awful for last 5 months of last year

He was carrying an injury for the final 3 or 4 months, and he went through a dodgy patch for 3 or 4 games but he wasnt 'awful'... so 'awful' infact he got into the England 23.

Personally the only midfielder that I would like to see us sign when Milner goes is Carrick.

With the excellent ball control of Young and Downing we miss having a player who can spray a 40 yard ball to turn defence into attack. Young's lack of effectiveness last season was largely down to missing Barry.

MON could move Petrov into a more forward central midfield role and we would be well on our way.

If we could find a goal scorer as well we would be nicely set.

Personally the only midfielder that I would like to see us sign when Milner goes is Carrick.

With the excellent ball control of Young and Downing we miss having a player who can spray a 40 yard ball to turn defence into attack. Young's lack of effectiveness last season was largely down to missing Barry.

MON could move Petrov into a more forward central midfield role and we would be well on our way.

If we could find a goal scorer as well we would be nicely set.

This!

We sell for £25m i can see us buying a replacement for £6m

Sad to say it but we are becoming a Sky 4 / Arab Fun club Feeder club

Like every other team in the league. Doesn't mean we can't compete for the top 4/6 again.

The sooner we stop trying to compete with the Sky 4/5 ( money side) the better. We might actually become a better side . If we do Ok against them and pick up the results against teams where we really should win especially the home games , we make the CL.