Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about this sell to buy thing and it's understandable really. Look at the number of players we've bought who've patently been a waste of money, and you can see where RL is coming from. Davies, Beye, Sidwell, Harewood, Shorey...

Maybe 50% have been decent, and that's pretty poor business to a seasoned businessman.

So, cut your losses by cutting out the deadwood, get some of it back, and plough that into your team

Can't say that i blame him really...

id rather we looked for an exchange involving Santa Cruz than Ireland.

Santa Cruz is gash!

Amen to that, brother!

I used to like the idea of getting Santa Cruz but now I've realised he's past it, injury prone and would not be worth the money.

I'd love it if we got Ireland and then spent the rest on a top quality player. For example, if we splashed £10-15m on a striker/ RB.

Maybe a cheaper striking option would be better because it seems like we're going to be using Fonz and Gabby eventually.

I'd like it if we used the money from the sales of fringe players to buy Keane/ Bellamy - someone like that, and then spend the rest on an up-and-coming, attacking fullback!

Gregory Van Der Wiel was mentioned a month ago - maybe him, though I haven't watched much other than WC games.

I was thinking about this sell to buy thing and it's understandable really. Look at the number of players we've bought who've patently been a waste of money, and you can see where RL is coming from.

The real issue is this as I see it. Next season you are limited t oa squad of 25 players. last season the squad was 29, including Bouma and Harewood who have now gone.

So he has to sell players to make space for purchases otherwise we have players on the books who can't actually turn out in the Premiership - and that would be nonsense.

To offload some more makes the space we need to bring more in of hopefully a better quality

Gregory Van Der Wiel was mentioned a month ago - maybe him, though I haven't watched much other than WC games.

The guy is pure class, out of our league, will probably end up at Citeh as well.

The guy is pure class, out of our league, will probably end up at Citeh as well.

I say, we do it anyway! This is the kind of buy we need to be making now.

There's no point us moving forward by buying players like Young & Sidwell. We should look higher than that and try to establish ourselves as a Top 4 contender!

MON must have had plans at the start of the year to get the funds together to buy a striker. Which means that we can use the money from Milner for something else.

Would we get Van Der Wiel for £14m? Maybe it'd be a bit over-the-top, but I'd love it if we got someone who is described as "pure class" :D

Out-

Milner -30 mil

Davies - 5mil

Sidwell -3mil

Shorey -2mil

Heskey - 2mil

Osbourne 1 mil

Money in:43 mil

In-

Ireland - 8mil

Carrick -10 mil

Keane -7 mil

I'm already liking who we could purchase with the money in.

Out-

Milner -30 mil

Davies - 5mil

Sidwell -3mil

Shorey -2mil

Heskey - 2mil

Osbourne 1 mil

Money in:43 mil

In-

Ireland - 8mil

Carrick -10 mil

Keane -7 mil

I'm already liking who we could purchase with the money in.

If we had that much money i'd like to be aiming a bit higher than Keane for striker, and not so sure about Carrick.

we wont get 30m for him imo,i think Randy and MON will let him go for less now, knowing we will end up with nothing because of the contact situation..id take 10 and Ireland now and let the rocket polisher go.

Also could someone please explain to me why some Villa fans feel the need to explain themselves on Blue Moon?

It is **** cringy. The words removed constantly mock our club and some people still feel the need to post. Get a grip lads.

we wont get 30m for him imo,i think Randy and MON will let him go for less now, knowing we will end up with nothing because of the contact situation..id take 10 and Ireland now and let the rocket polisher go.

He still has 2 full seasons left on his contract, his price will have diminished this time next year but not by a massive amount especially if Man Utd and Chelsea are also interested, the ball is still in our court when it comes to making demands.

He still has 2 full seasons left on his contract, his price will have diminished this time next year but not by a massive amount especially if Man Utd and Chelsea are also interested, the ball is still in our court when it comes to making demands.

if thats the case,let the square headed flute sit on the bench for a while,let the little rocket polisher know what signing a contract means..

Spot on. We are competing in the same league as these teams so why should we aid their benefit by giving them at a price they want. I think back to the price they paid for Lescott. Is Milner worth more? I'd say yes based on his postion and last seasons form. Start the bidding from there.