Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

m. richards are mon type sign tall in RB, richards are pace and powerfully defender i would mind sign him, l.young are best rb in villa but he will left villa is he?

i go for man city -j . hart, m. richards, m. johnson, s. ireland, 2 striker. we will in top 4 to top 7

just sugget j. collins in defensive midfield? he can tackle and header, pass, marker he got all need for defensive midfield roles.

On the Liverpool fire sale, Lucas is a lot better than people think. He's not Xabi Alonso, though, and why FSW bought a young Brazilian attacking midfielder, then used him to take the place of an experienced Spanish deep-lying playmaker/defensive mid, I'll never understand.

If Young had been treated right we wouldn't have to waste money on a RB. It really is sad.

He's 31 this year, might as well get a new one in.

yeah, to be honest i wouldnt mind a new RB. would like someone more long term and who has some good attacking skills as well.

young was a solid defender down the right (although i always preffered him on the left as players couldnt cut inside him) but attacking wise he was poor. for all the people complaining about carlos, youngs passing could be just as bad. he also tended to just hoof it down the line.

id even go as far to say that carlos has shown some better attacking skills than young has in his time here (assist for gabbys goal at fulham, played a lovely pass in the build up to gabbys against burnley etc). its just hes also shown a lot worse!

Gregory Van Der Wiel was mentioned a month ago - maybe him, though I haven't watched much other than WC games.

The guy is pure class, out of our league, will probably end up at Citeh as well.

Pretty sure I read that he signed for Bayern during the WC.

m. richards are mon type sign tall in RB, richards are pace and powerfully defender i would mind sign him, l.young are best rb in villa but he will left villa is he?

i go for man city -j . hart, m. richards, m. johnson, s. ireland, 2 striker. we will in top 4 to top 7

just sugget j. collins in defensive midfield? he can tackle and header, pass, marker he got all need for defensive midfield roles.

Agree with almost all you've said Danny, apart from Michael Johnson, not sure he's going to get himself back on track. Richards I think as you've said is a MON type, big and powerful and I think could get back to being a very good RB, as he was when he broke into the England team.

I also think Ginge would make a decent DM, his vision and passing is very good and he's pretty comfortable with time on the ball.

I know this is a bit off topic but I don't know where else to post it.

We play Valencia in a pre-season friendly on Friday 6th August but Valencia play Man City on Saturday 7th August on ESPN. So it looks like we'll be playing Valencia reserves who are also without David Villa and David Villa.

We may as well be playing a championship side!

Gregory Van Der Wiel was mentioned a month ago - maybe him, though I haven't watched much other than WC games.

The guy is pure class, out of our league, will probably end up at Citeh as well.

Pretty sure I read that he signed for Bayern during the WC.

Ajax pulled the plug on the deal with Bayern a couple of days ago because the Germans had missed some sort of deadline on price. Arsenal are now rumoured to be involved.

We play Valencia in a pre-season friendly on Friday 6th August but Valencia play Man City on Saturday 7th August on ESPN. So it looks like we'll be playing Valencia reserves who are also without David Villa and David Villa.

No way we'll i'm sure they'll have to mix it up a bit. Its a bit gutting that neither Villa nor Villa are playing.

Stewavfc, Michael Johnson is fine players until got many injury I was thought if villa can give him chance play football. And give us repay as laursen pay us keep faith on him when he got knee problem.

Your right about Richards he will very good England rb As he been rb under Sven England regin he I'm impress him in that role.

Collins when he attack ball look good position to attack I like see it again. That reason I think he potenial be best defensive midfield for avfc, I rather see collins in this roles that petrov, as I Alway think petrov better role in attack midfield.

You know Valencia have spent that money already on Aduriz, Soldado, Feghouali etc are actually stronger on paper than last year

Stewavfc, Michael Johnson is fine players until got many injury I was thought if villa can give him chance play football. And give us repay as laursen pay us keep faith on him when he got knee problem.

Your right about Richards he will very good England rb As he been rb under Sven England regin he I'm impress him in that role.

Collins when he attack ball look good position to attack I like see it again. That reason I think he potenial be best defensive midfield for avfc, I rather see collins in this roles that petrov, as I Alway think petrov better role in attack midfield.

Your not English are you? If you are then what. the. ****.