Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Which again would be a different statement to the other 2 you've made. Might want to make your mind up.

It wouldn't be different in terms of the first one Chindie.

MON wouldn't sign Ozil this summer because he wont sign anything without premier league experience, regardless of how good they are in the world cup.

Anyway this is about as boring as you searching the internet for negative Apple articles to post ;)

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

even though we've apparently bid for Boussoufa?

Cause we have, where has that been reported, on the OS?

Handy all these foreign players we are apparently in for each summer yet never ever seem to sign any, funny that.

I'll happily eat my words if MON signs someone who has not played in the premier league before.

I dont think he will though.

We haven't got the money and MON has not got the experience or confidence to do so.

He would have done it when we had some money if he did.

Which again would be a different statement to the other 2 you've made. Might want to make your mind up.

It wouldn't be different in terms of the first one Chindie.

MON wouldn't sign Ozil this summer because he wont sign anything without premier league experience, regardless of how good they are in the world cup.

Anyway this is about as boring as you searching the internet for negative Apple articles to post ;)

No it would be different Jez, because you weren't, in your third statement, referring to Ozil, you were being general. And in the first one you seemed to think, rather more than Ozil being a bit out of our league, we wouldn't sign him simply because he hadn't played in the Prem. Except that we have, and do, sign players with no Prem experience.

It doesn't make any sense Jez, and it's really tiresome.

And I don't search the net for anti Apple articles, I happen to come across them in my other browsing, thank you, so that's another thing you're about as accurate as a blind archer with.

The "O'Neill only signs English, Premier League players" line is really boring now........plus it makes anyone who says it a little bit moronic being as there is quite solid evidence to the contrary.

I doubt there's a single manager in the Prem who would say they don't look for players with Prem experience as a first port of call in the transfer market. It makes sense to do so.

even though we've apparently bid for Boussoufa?

Cause we have, where has that been reported, on the OS?

Handy all these foreign players we are apparently in for each summer yet never ever seem to sign any, funny that.

I'll happily eat my words if MON signs someone who has not played in the premier league before.

I dont think he will though.

We haven't got the money and MON has not got the experience or confidence to do so.

He would have done it when we had some money if he did.

It was all over the Belgian newspapers a couple of weeks ago, we were in for that Manolev, the Litex Lovech right back but he chose PSV, that was widely reported.

Do you not think we've followed the spurs model by signing young english talent (Huddlestone, Jenas etc) at first and then supplementing that with more established foreign players? (Modric, Pavlyuchenko etc).

Was he the player who failed at Chelsea?

No mate, that was Sidwell....

Googled it and yes he was at chelsea. No need for Sidwell bashing though, yeah he hasn't been a success, move him on and try again.

That Thomas Muller for scored twice yesterday looks some player too! only 20 years old and a good scoring record for German already, attacking mid/forward!!

Ozil and Sami Khedira everyone is talking about, but how about cheeky bid for Muller?

That Thomas Muller for scored twice yesterday looks some player too! only 20 years old and a good scoring record for German already, attacking mid/forward!!

Ozil and Sami Khedira everyone is talking about, but how about cheeky bid for Muller?

Bayern Munich, the team he supports, who also play in the Champions League!? Good luck with that one.

Do you not think we've followed the spurs model by signing young english talent (Huddlestone, Jenas etc) at first and then supplementing that with more established foreign players? (Modric, Pavlyuchenko etc).

No.

MON is not confident managing foreign players, fine upto a point but we wont be achieving Champs League without them; i dont care what anyone says all top 4 clubs have foreign flare and talent from quality leagues all over the place, we have the premier league, Scottish league and Swiss league, oh and one player offered to him.

I dont care if it was all over the Belgium newspapers, its all over The Mirror here who we are going to sign, they turn out dont they?

The "O'Neill only signs English, Premier League players" line is really boring now

Yup. What makes me laugh is it's gone as follows

"MON only signs english players"

We sign someone non english

"MON only signs players who play in the Premier League"

We sign someone from Scotland

"MON only signs players play in Britain"

We sign someone who doesn't play in britain

"MON only signs players who have played in Britain at some point in their career but not necessarily now"

We sign Guzan

"MON only signs players who can speak English"

The criteria gets more and more vague

(and this isn't picking on Jez, it comes from various sources.)

No.

MON is not confident managing foreign players, fine upto a point but we wont be achieving Champs League without them; i dont care what anyone says all top 4 clubs have foreign flare and talent from quality leagues all over the place, we have the premier league, Scottish league and Swiss league, oh and one player offered to him.

I dont care if it was all over the Belgium newspapers, its all over The Mirror here who we are going to sign, they turn out dont they?

At Celtic he had Bobo Balde, Joos Valgaeren, Henrik Larsson, Lubomir Moravcik, Didier Agathe to name but a few, this shows that your statement that he's not confident managing foreign players is cobblers. He took them to the Uefa Cup final with that team. I think that was the blueprint all along; to sign young english talent and then add to it gradually with bigger european names which I'm confident we will do.

Surely if the story originated in the country that the player in question plays in, then the story has more credibility than if it was in The Mirror?