Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I think we'll sign about 5 players with roughly the same number leaving and a few of the best kids promoted to boost numbers further. The players coming in will be better than those leaving and we'll be stronger. We'll also spend a fair bit more than we recoup.

I would be happy with something like Pantsil, Clyne, Ireland , Keane (If the price is right) and Doyle. Release Shorey, Sidwell, Heskey, Salifou and give more minutes to Albrighton, Fonz, Clark, Guzan and possibly Bannan

Pantsil is crap, is he a serious suggestion??

Do you honestly think its a good idea to release all those players when we've spent nearly £10m on them?

Pantsil is far from crap, however I don't expect MON to buy another RB.

I think you'll find he is, positionally he is awful

No, I've seen him a lot...he's pretty solid.

Alan Hutton (Spurs) might be available?

I would be happy with something like Pantsil, Clyne, Ireland , Keane (If the price is right) and Doyle. Release Shorey, Sidwell, Heskey, Salifou and give more minutes to Albrighton, Fonz, Clark, Guzan and possibly Bannan

Pantsil is crap, is he a serious suggestion??

Do you honestly think its a good idea to release all those players when we've spent nearly £10m on them?

Pantsil is a very solid right back who has had a good season . He is decent in the air, has good feet, pretty good on the attack too. The fact that you have said he is crap only confirms that he is not to be honest, as generally your opinions are the opposite to the norm. If Luke Young wants to go back to London then I think we could do a lot worse than a swap deal for Pantsil. If you look I also mention Clyne, so that we have 2 actual right backs under 30.

When I say release I don't mean for free. Those players need to go though.

Seriously Pantsil is not in anyway crap. He isn't Maicon, but he could definitely do what Cuellar does and also add to our offensive capabilities.

He's not jerome boateng either, if we get pantsil id be gutted, not better than young

I dont think he is better than Young either but I also don't think Luke Young will be here next season and probably Beye too. I also believe we wont be spending too much money either, meaning the likes of Pantsil and Clyne are going to be our only realistic type of signings in that position. I wouldn't get too hung up about me mentioning Pantsil either because if you read my OP I said I would be happy with something LIKE these signings. I doubt we will buy the exact players I mentioned but I feel any signings we make will be of the calibre of the type of players I mentioned. I think the chances of Pantsil coming here are slim actually but we need someone LIKE him..(Under 30, natural position, decent going forward etc )

I haven't actually said we should sign Pantsil specifically but I don't think we will attract much better or be able to afford a better grade of player. All I want is the dead wood out (Shorey, Sidwell, Salifou, Heskey ) and the unhappy players moved on (Young, NRC and Beye ) .. If we were to replace these with players like Pantsil (Or any experienced international RB under 30) Clyne (eventually to become first choice right back) Ireland, Doyle, Keane and KPB I feel that we would have improved in Quality and wouldn't have to spend a fortune either.. I don't really know what sort of expectations most fans have for this summer but I can't see any Wow signings to be honest. I am realistic and these are all realistic signings .

He's not jerome boateng either, if we get pantsil id be gutted

I haven't been that impressed with Jerome Boateng at all, imo Pantsil has looked far better. If we are going to have a Boateng I want his brother Kevin who has really impressed me in a half decent Ghana team!

He's not jerome boateng either, if we get pantsil id be gutted

I haven't been that impressed with Jerome Boateng at all

not for germany, but they play him out of position, ive seen him 5/6 times for hamburg play RB and was impressed every time, even though thats not meant to be his best position either!

i think he's got the attributes of being a very good player for city, hoping they go down the richards route, play a great prospect all over the shop and end up with an average player

Just remember. You can't spell Pantsil without pants.

You can Bri. I was nude except for a towel when I first mentioned his name and to be honest the spelling came naturally to me. :winkold:

Except he isn't really called Pantsil. His name family name is Paintsil, but it was mistakenly registered as Pantsil on his birth certificate. This then appeared on his passport and his registration with the Premier League.