Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Going into next season without signing 3/4 players would be madness. Anyone who thinks that we will improve by just playing youngsters who a) aren't ready and B) probably aren't goo enough, needs there head checking. How in the hell are we going to improve on our 6th place finish by playing unproven players?

The worlds gone crazy. We need players, we need 2/3 quality additions as well as 1/2 decent players to even have achance of staying with spurs and man city.

I fear for us next season. We've hit a wall with our 6th place finishes. I don't think we've got the man in place to sign players that will take us to the next level.

You can all give examples like guzan, carew, salifou etc but everyone on this messageboard knows deep down we will never go abroad and spend 10m+ on a flair player. We limit ourselves too much and when all else fails, we'll just sign a celtic reject.

Worried. And with our best player about to be snapped up by man city, things aint looking any better.

I could see 4 minimum

- new striker: would prefer Doyle

- new CM: replacing Sidwell & Gardner + injured Delph and would prefer Dorrans

- new winger: to compete with DJ, Ash and Albrighton and would prefer NZogbia

- new RB: unsure

- cover at LB?

assuming we only sell/release Heskey, Harewood, Osbourne, Salifou, Sidwell, Shorey, Davies, Young, Beye

The mirror have linked us with Parker again, and a move for Barnetta the Swiss international. The Mirror, lol.

O’Neill is also plotting a move for Cardiff starlet Adam Matthews, 18, as soon as Villa ship out wantaway Luke Young.

Right-back Young wants to return to London and is a target for Fulham and West Ham.

That was from the bottom of the same article

Connor Wickham, ITK according to the person who writes aston villa news and views.

also Ian Robbo has it ITK on his site.

Isnt that the same thing or is that a different site?

Connor Wickham, ITK according to the person who writes aston villa news and views.

I know someone who played with him school level etc and said he was standout every game etc. Still sees him and says he's a proper big head etc and that now but confirmed that villa have enquired about him. Him did say he thought he would be at Ipswich at the start of the season though

I know someone who played with him school level etc and said he was standout every game etc. Still sees him and says he's a proper big head etc and that now but confirmed that villa have enquired about him. Him did say he thought he would be at Ipswich at the start of the season though

He would be even if we bought him, as we'd loan him back straight away, apparently.

So just wondering what you guys think of Fábio Coentrão? only 22 and looked class this world cup was Portugal's best player.

yes ive been impressed with him, looks quality and also looks a bit like albrighton lol.