Summer 2010 Transfer Talk / Unfounded Speculation

bickster

Jimmyvilla18 wrote:

Mazrim wrote:

Jon wrote:

carew_villa wrote:

Connor Wickham, ITK according to the person who writes aston villa news and views.

also Ian Robbo has it ITK on his site.

Isnt that the same thing or is that a different site?

I know someone who played with him school level etc and said he was standout every game etc. Still sees him and says he's a proper big head etc and that now but confirmed that villa have enquired about him. Him did say he thought he would be at Ipswich at the start of the season though

He would be even if we bought him, as we'd loan him back straight away, apparently

It's a bit of a strange one this as the reported fee that Ipswich were after was in the region of £10M? Now I realise that the fee will be split into stages but That much money on a player that won't be available to use if we loan him back in the current climate is a little baffling??

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just wondering what you guys think of Fábio Coentrão? only 22 and looked class this world cup was Portugal's best player.

Yup looked class.

Few slip ups defensivley but you would think that will come with experience. Going forward he's excellent. I imagine clubs bigger than us will be looking at him after this WC.

So just wondering what you guys think of Fábio Coentrão? only 22 and looked class this world cup was Portugal's best player.

I know you shouldnt judge a player on a world cup performance but he looks to have good skill and a bit of pace going forward, defensively i havent seem him tested though. Get him in MON. :)

I keep seeing Jimmy Bullard linked with Celtic in a 12 month loan deal, i know he has injury problems but surely he could be a great - no risk loan signing for us?

I don't think no risk and Jimmy Bullard can be mentioned in the same sentence to be honest

Ive heard many of Hull problems are down to him and reason morale was terrible at club

From where?

Strange how everyone seems to love him......given that he's such a toublemaker......really seemed to be the orchestrator of all things evil when the entire team surrounded him to take part in 'that' goal celebration (the one poking fun at the season before when Phil Brown made them all stay on the pitch at half time)....can't imagine he'd have been poking fun like that if he was public enemy number 1 at the club.

Sorry to shoot it down but possibly the most ridiculous comment of the summer thus far.

Is it just me or do most Portuguese players move for huge sums of money?

Deco, Bosingwa, Carvalho, Danny, Ferriera, Nani, Pepe.

They are just off the top of my head, I reckon that LB would cost a lost of wonga!

He's excellent but like you suggested would cost a fortune.

Annoys when people urge MON to go after the likes of Coentrao when he is totally out of our reach. People sometimes have to be realistic, although its a shoddy rumour the likes of Barnetta are the type of player we can attract, and Remy in France who has been linked to West Ham.

Coentrao is probably potentially the best upcoming left back in the world right now, and has been linked with moves to the likes of Bayern and Juventus, teams with a superior reputation to ourselves.

Just a point about Ireland.

With City having signed Silva and on the cusp of signing Toure, I think this deal could be given the go ahead in the coming days. I hope so anyway, although i can see them playing hardball over wanted Milner as part of the deal.

With City having signed Silva and on the cusp of signing Toure, I think this deal could be given the go ahead in the coming days. I hope so anyway, although i can see them playing hardball over wanted Milner as part of the deal.

City know they will inevitably get **** right? Remember the Richard Dunne / Joleon Lescott saga? :crylaugh:

I wonder how the Silva deal (and Toure to a lesser extent) will affect a possible move for Milner? They can only play 11 at a time...

Oh my God, if only we could Podolski. Smash him in a CF role behind Gabby and let the rockets fly.

His 3 goals this year year would suggest his rockets stay airbourne longer than NASA shuttles.