Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

I wonder if 20 years from now we will all be saying I remember the Brown years and thus I'd never consider voting labour ?
I doubt it. I don't believe for a moment that "your" hatred of Brown is/was/will be anywhere near "our" hatred of Thatcher.

I can believe that people think he's inept, or even corrupt, but I'm not sure anybody thinks he's downright evil. Whereas that is very much the way the anti-Thatcher camp (myself included) see her.

The nearest equivalent would have been a true "hard left" extremist as PM, something that has never happened in the UK.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I may have missed something here but have Labour got some magic wand to wave at the economy. The tories have said they will have to make cuts...........they wont be the only ones either.

Criticising Tories for saying they will make cuts is a little naive.

Judging by today's Sun, many of us are excited at the possibility of David Cameron being Britain's first black Prime Minister. :| It's so horrible seeing that BNP logo on the ballot form. I hate them so much I put a massive "X" next to them to show my disgust.

Anyway, Trim text me this morning to say he'd woke up to a massive election, I got rather excited but apparently the wrong end of the stick.

no evidence to suggest a hung parliament would be bad for us economically, certainly not more of a threat to the triple A rating. Bit in the paper about it, there are coalition euro govts not threatened, and a strong greek government up the shitter. So whilst it may or may not prove to be problematic, I think fears that a HP = threat to triple A are not grounded in evidence, IMO.

voting is for losers
"Democracy is the worst form of government.... except for all those other forms that have been tried from time to time." (Winston Churchill)

or even corrupt

never thought he was that tbh ..inept goes without saying of course

people like Pol Pot & Mao Zedong are who i tend to think of when the word evil comes up .. Thatcher doesn't really fit that same category (cue Bicks telling me she does :-) )

or even corrupt

never thought he was that tbh ..inept goes without saying of course

people like Pol Pot & Mao Zedong are who i tend to think of when the word evil comes up .. Thatcher doesn't really fit that same category (cue Bicks telling me she does :-) )

I take your point, Thatcher was no Hitler. But I still think she ranks much higher on the "level of hatred from her opponents" scale than Brown, or indeed any other 20th C PM of any party.

Of course, she probably tops the "loved by her supporters" chart, too.

"The unnatural and increasingly rapid growth of the Feeble-Minded and Insane classes, coupled as it is with a steady restriction among all the thrifty, energetic and superior stocks, constitutes a national and race danger which it is impossible to exaggerate." Winston.

Just don't think anyone should encourage this embarrassing popularity contest for the red top masses.

Anyway, Trim text me this morning to say he'd woke up to a massive election, I got rather excited but apparently the wrong end of the stick.
We're obviously heading for a well-hung parliament.

I may have missed something here but have Labour got some magic wand to wave at the economy. The tories have said they will have to make cuts...........they wont be the only ones either.

Criticising Tories for saying they will make cuts is a little naive.

Tories say they'll cut today, where as labour say they will cut tomorrow. Both are lying about the amount that needs be cut, so that really makes the date of the cut irrelevant and a non-argument.

Quick drop back - Farrage UKIP guy injured in a plane crash this morning - apparently one of the UKIP banners got wrapped up in the engine - on Sky and BBC at the moment - hope he and the other passengers are OK
Obviously an "Isadora Duncan" moment.

Apparently he's OK, but the pilot's in a bit of a bad way.

We're obviously heading for a well-hung parliament.

Hahaha, nice!

Probably a bit late for this election also but my manifesto would be.

A compulsory 3 points for every Villa game next season and to be awarded the FA Cup before the competition starts and a down payment of 70ml by the FA to Villa on the fact that we will get it be default anyway, a bit like Man Utd now.

Rather than a Live debate, every party leader should have live sex on TV so we can all see how they perform in a crisis.

Where any MP is found fiddling they should pay recompense by treating everybody in the country to a 99, a curry and a six pack for the world cup .

If we win the World Cup, it will be found that in fact Capello is of true English decent, a researcher came across the little known fact that when the allied & British forces landed at Anzio Private John Worsnip from Yorkshire ran up the beach after the Italian forces, who ran a hell of a lot faster, then into the local bistro, consuming copious amounts of beer and vino thus resulting in the seduction of a local lass, making hot passionate steamy love, after loads of burping and back passage and Fannie squeaks only to find 11 months later a baby bambino with terrible bad eyesight and a gift of not understanding any question asked of him.

Of course there would be a parachute clause built into this new legislature, if we lose, Capello will be found to have been a war criminal, after trying to sell England flags and emblems to the invading British lads at Anzio and whilst claiming to be a future England manager. He will be executed for treason at dawn at an unspecified location but believed to be somewhere reflecting the true nature of his terrible crime such as at Birmingham City football ground, a place known in infamy for people dying a thousand deaths.

The final part of the manifesto is last but not least, every opposing side next season will be required to implement a tactic whereby opposition defenders will be instructed to help any Agbonlahor attempt on goal thus insuring the ball goes in every time he shoots or goes one on one, in order to do this the other team must place 4 players at intermittent spacing either side of the right and left upright, as Agbonlahor shoots the player will be required to deflect the ball into the net assuring the goal every time. If by some chance the ball is on goal the keeper will be required to lay on his back and play with himself at a ferocious rate, the crowd will endorse this by shouting abuse at the keeper for authenticity, something like, What a masturbator, or the street alternative.

Well i know what your thinking, but you have to remember in these times such austere conditions will have to be implemented. As such i commend this to the house for a smooth passage through. I Thank Yow

Does anyone know Woodgate Valley?

There was a company there, a big one called Birmetals used to be part of the Birmid Qualcast Group. The unions took the workers out on strike, not sure why as I was a bit too young at that time. The management said if you dont go back to work we will shut the place down. The unions said that management was bluffing.

Management then shut the place.

Now that was a company that before the strike was making money. Those people lost their jobs because they believed what the unions told them, the blame lies solely at their door.

I can remember the minor strikes and the Thatcher / Scargill battles, I cannot remember why it happened although the consensus of opinion was that Thatcher wanted to squash the unions so picked a fight with Scargill knowing he wouldnt back down.

So If people say that Thatcher was worse I will have to take it that you know what you are taking about.

Does that mean that Scargill can be absolved of any blame?

No, I didn't say Scargill was a sainted hero. I just think Thatcher was worse. I think the suggestion that she picked a fight knowing he wouldn't back down is about right.