Bollitics: The General Election 2010 Exit Poll

bickster

How Did You Vote in the General Election?  

194 members have voted

1. 1. How Did You Vote in the General Election?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Green
    • UKIP
    • BNP
    • Jury Team
    • SNP
    • Plaid Cymru
    • Spoilt Ballot
    • Didn't bother

The papers covers are good, such obvious divide.

Hilarious Mirror one, is Brown not going to cut public spending? Saying that is Clegg not going too?

They are going to cut spending Jez, but not fast enough or deep enough. You only have to look at the Greek bond market (now over 10%) to see that the Tories economic prescription has been entirely vindicated.

If Dave gets in there wil be a battle royale with Unite and Co who will refuse to face the fact that the party is over. If he doesn't then the markets are going to rip UK Plc a new one.

Admittedly not knowing the complete ins and outs, but who was in government when all the bankers were having a good old knees up?

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Dave gets in there wil be a battle royale with Unite and Co who will refuse to face the fact that the party is over. If he doesn't then the markets are going to rip UK Plc a new one.

Jon are you sure you are not the Mail or the Sun's Oman correspondent? I see that you have already started the "fight" with the Unions - how Thatcherite?

Jez - so you are now blaming Greece's problems on the UK?

If you think that the Tory party is not one to favour the financial "fraternity" - explain the Hedge Fund links? What about the return to the days of this guy :-)

_40867273_loadsamoney203.jpg :-)

Justify inheritance tax cuts then Jon (and Jez)

Ian with respect you are focusing on trivia, but I think inhertiance tax is an entirely unfair concept anyway. We are taxed until our eyes bleed for oue whole lives, why should the Government take even more when you finally expire?

Mate, you're a clever bloke, you must be able to see what is going to happen to us if Labour get back in? Even the EU have wieghed in about the extent of our deficit, yes public services are important but we need an economy left to pay for them. Without a concrete plan to seriously address the deficit the markets will go after our currency and our bonds. That will screw savings, mortgages, the whole shebang.

The Sun's attempt to somehow compare Cameron with Obama is laughable - no strike that hilarious. I love the net because within minutes of it being out there, there were some great rip off of it

sun_camerobama_parody5.gif

sun_camerobama_parody8.gif

sun_camerobama_parody14.gif

sun_camerobama_parody17.gif

Some people have far too much photoshop time :-)

Jon are you sure you are not the Mail or the Sun's Oman correspondent? I see that you have already started the "fight" with the Unions - how Thatcherite?

Get real, Unite have been openly preparing to fight spending cuts, it is they who will pick the fight and it is they who will lose it. Public sector fantasies are about to meet cold hard reality.

Admittedly not knowing the complete ins and outs, but who was in government when all the bankers were having a good old knees up?

The Tories and then Labour, but it was Labour who screwed the system of regulation and let them off the leash by taking control away from the BoE.

Chancellor Brown = epic fail.

Justify inheritance tax cuts then Jon (and Jez)

Ian with respect you are focusing on trivia, but I think inhertiance tax is an entirely unfair concept anyway. We are taxed until our eyes bleed for oue whole lives, why should the Government take even more when you finally expire?

Mate, you're a clever bloke, you must be able to see what is going to happen to us if Labour get back in? Even the EU have wieghed in about the extent of our deficit, yes public services are important but we need an economy left to pay for them. Without a concrete plan to seriously address the deficit the markets will go after our currency and our bonds. That will screw savings, mortgages, the whole shebang.

Jon it isn't trivia though - that is a an appalling piece of legislation they are proposing and gives a clear indication of their priorities

You know my long time held view on PR - I honestly think that a Gvmt that cannot take the extreme measures proposed by the Toy party are what is best for the long term stability of the UK. Now if that has to come from a hung parliament then so be it - after all said and done that is a fair representation of the people's ideas.

There will be cuts and readjustments in priorities, but as we have seen in various Tory councils their view is privatisation and screw Joe Public. That is exactly what Cameron and his businessman backers will want.

Greece is different to the UK for many reasons. Taxable contributions to the state is minimal compared to ours, the relative wealth and ability to cope with financial downturns in the world is different, you cannot just say that if it happens in Greece it will happen in the UK.

The rhetoric from the right wing media and the Tory party is so pre-Thatcher its scary. I suspect that many on here never experienced that time and the impact it had - a Tory gvmt would return us back to those times.

The rhetoric from the right wing media and the Tory party is so pre-Thatcher its scary. I suspect that many on here never experienced that time and the impact it had - a Tory gvmt would return us back to those times.

You mean Grocer Heath? I thought you would quite like that???

There will be cuts and readjustments in priorities, but as we have seen in various Tory councils their view is privatisation and screw Joe Public. That is exactly what Cameron and his businessman backers will want.

I suggest you read rotten boroughs to see how crap all the parties are at council level

No Paul and you know what I mean - also why would I like Heath? Strange comment .......

In the Indy today a good article with an especially apt few lines

When you remember the country that we voted to leave behind on May 1st 1997, what do you see? I remember the science block in the sixth form college I was studying at, where they couldn't afford to fix the roof, so every time it rained, water seeped through, and lessons had to stop. I remember my friends who earned £1 an hour, because there was no legal limit on how little you could offer a human being for their labour. I remember one of my closest relatives having to decide whether to buy nappies or heat her flat, because there were no tax credits, and single mothers were the subject of a Tory hate campaign. I remember how it felt to grow up gay and discover I could never have a legally recognised relationship. I remember my elderly neighbour waiting two years for a hip operation on the NHS, crying every night with the pain.

How many on here voted in a GE pre 1997?

No Paul and you know what I mean - also why would I like Heath? Strange comment .......

well I was presuming you mean’t pre as in before Thatcher. I didn’t realise it was supposed to be something else. Why would I?

I thought you would quite like Heath’s ‘weak’ Toryism, which was probably more left wing than say the last 13 years of Labour.

Anyway have fun today and tonight chaps - mass debate well on VT :-) - I have work to do and a big day tomorrow ..............

Bloody customers, but nice beer :cheers:

Quick drop back - Farrage UKIP guy injured in a plane crash this morning - apparently one of the UKIP banners got wrapped up in the engine - on Sky and BBC at the moment - hope he and the other passengers are OK

i agree with this the worst tax ever and most unfair. if it was a fairer percentage then fone something 10% for everyone i dont think anyone would have a problem with it

i am thinking lib dem, but that might help labour so might vote cameron