Jez

Brad has probably been our player of the season so far , shame about yesterdays flap though

Saying that he probably has 1 season left and Given maybe 3 or more so I'd possibly be tempted

Brad has probably been our player of the season so far , shame about yesterdays flap though

Saying that he probably has 1 season left and Given maybe 3 or more so I'd possibly be tempted

Dont forget his flap for there second that gifted them the corner they scored from .

I wouldn't want Adebayor, he plays for himself and I can't see that changing anywhere.

I would take Bridge and Given though. Given is an excellent keeper and at 34 he has a good 5 years left.

Bridge isn't an amazing leftback but he is decent going forward, Warnock has been poor for 8 months+ and if Bridge is going for a cheap price, I don't think it'd be a bad idea to bring him in.

Pretty much everybody is on wages at City that other clubs will be unprepared to match. It kinda leaves City in the shit, as most of their players will just choose to see out their contracts rather than take massive pay cuts to sign for someone else. I dont think Jo is on megabucks, he signed before the Arabs took over as did SWP, but the rest of them are amongst the best paid players in the world.

I think the only real answer for City is to arrange Craig Bellamy style loan deals which sees them sending the players out to other clubs and continuing to pay the wages. How nuts is that?

How nuts is that?

Slight OT but isn't that what we did with Merson and Stone ?

Can't believe people would want Bridge over Warnock .. have they seen bridge play , he makes Shorey look dynamic

Damn it, agree again. get Given, send Guzan out on loan for a full season, let the two experienced keepers fight it out for a place for a year until Friedel likely retires not end of this season but end of next and then by then Given will be getting on so the year out on loan, we can see how good Guzan really is.

Do you think Given would come to compete with another senior goalkeeper, you'd have to give assurances about his place i think. He would have enough options. Hasnt Friedel played a ridiculous amount of consecutive games in the prem, hardly suggests a chance would be forthcoming.

How nuts is that?

Slight OT but isn't that what we did with Merson and Stone ?

Can't believe people would want Bridge over Warnock .. have they seen bridge play , he makes Shorey look dynamic

Personally I'd say his dynamism is one of his few redeeming features.

His main issue though always seems to be that he is perfectly happy to leg it to the corner flag to join in a potential counter-attack, perfectly timed just as the opposition are strolling into the part of the penalty area which he is supposed to be looking after.

Didnt have a very good 1st season for Bolton but second top scorer in prem so far this season, out of contract in June (so could be a bargain in Jan??) is he worth looking at?

Whats everyone think?

the sun

BOLTON will hold last-ditch talks with Johan Elmander tomorrow about a new deal.

Chairman Phil Gartside said: "He is out of contract in the summer and we have to try to re-sign him.

"I have a meeting with his agent on Wednesday just to do that."

The Swedish forward, 29, is currently the second-top scorer in the Premier League with eight goals.

But the £8.2million record signing's current deal expires in the summer and Wanderers fear he could leave in January or walk away for nothing in June.

Elmander is currently on around £35,000 a week - and will have to take a PAY CUT to stay with the cash-strapped Trotters, even though his rating has soared dramatically.

Gartside added: "I was asked a question about the January window and said, 'It's always a good time to sell players because if a Champions League team comes in, they always pay top bill'.

"I didn't say we were selling. We're not in a position where we have to sell.

"If someone comes in with a great offer, we will consider it.

"We run a business and, if someone comes in with an offer attractive to us, we'll trade."

[q/uote]

Bolton's version of Lee Hendrie. Talented clearly but does naff all for several years then all of a sudden finds some red hot form just as his contract is coming to an end. Unlike Hendrie he will probably use his form to get a move and bigger wages then return to being the nothing player he has been for the majority of his time at Bolton.

I wouldn't want him anywhere near Villa.

No. For the following reasons all obviously in my view.

1. Why would Heskey agree to it?

2. Why would they want to take on Heskey and his wages? Despite his early season form they would be mad to do so with his injury record.

3. They are £90m odd in debt, they aren't going to want to pay Heskey the wages we are paying

4. I'm not exactly sure he fits the 'style' of play of Owen Coyle

I'm sure there are probably a few other reasons as well but these should cover it.

1) He could play every week

2) Heskey's injury record isn't that bad at all

3) Wages may be a problem, maybe Villa have to give him an exit payoff to top up his wages that Bolton are willing to pay (better than paying his full wages to do f-all).

4) I think he fits their hoof, hold it up play perfectly.