Jez

Hatem Ben Arfa. This French/Tunisian tramp is after pulling the 'slave' card on Marseille. After signing a contract with them worth tens of thousands a week, he's moaning that they don't want him joining Newcastle. How the **** does that make you a slave you disrepectful over-privileged idiot?

He did the exact same thing to Lyon when they didn't want him joining Marseille. Refused to train. "I won't return to Lyon". Sound familiar? What an utter pr*ck he is and I hope his career is cut short.

Great news that Newcastle have confirmed that this parasite has broken his leg. I hope it's a long, painful and ultimately futile road back.

Hatem Ben Arfa. This French/Tunisian tramp is after pulling the 'slave' card on Marseille. After signing a contract with them worth tens of thousands a week, he's moaning that they don't want him joining Newcastle. How the **** does that make you a slave you disrepectful over-privileged idiot?

He did the exact same thing to Lyon when they didn't want him joining Marseille. Refused to train. "I won't return to Lyon". Sound familiar? What an utter pr*ck he is and I hope his career is cut short.

Great news that Newcastle have confirmed that this parasite has broken his leg. I hope it's a long, painful and ultimately futile road back.

Moral of the story? Don't upset BOF, he is Irish and knows people......

:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely Mental!

Chelsea have signed 11-year-old Northampton Town striker Michael Gyasi for an undisclosed fee.

The switch includes a variety of add-ons, which are subject to particular targets being met.

Cobblers centre of excellence boss Trevor Gould said: "Michael has progressed well and has improved with our coaching.

"Financially the deal is good for us, and the money we will receive will aid our youth development."

Gyasi had been part of the Northampton centre of excellence for the last three years.

"While we obviously want to produce and keep our best players, when a Premier League club like Chelsea come knocking, as long as the deal is right for the club, we will never stand in a boy's way," added Gould.

"Not only is this is a superb opportunity for Michael but it reinforces the quality of player we are bringing both into the club and through our centre of excellence."

We did it with Courtney Cameron. It makes sense that if they have a gem and know he will develop more than they can offer, then cash in on him. It's a big risk for Chelsea because of his age (Cameron was a lot older when we got him) but he could turn out ot be the english Messi. :D

Nothing wrong, I'm sure the kid was happy to go, at that age, you want to play for the best teams and no doubt he'll become a better player because of the expert coaching he'll recieve.

I and a few others made a move from a SOE to an Academy for compensation fee's when we were 9. At that age, you sorta just agree to anything. As long as the kid's happy and both clubs are, don't see the problem. Unless you feel denying a young player a chance to move to one of the best clubs to recieve some of the best coaching is wrong..

Maybe not 21, but certainly not 11. I say 16. They should have to sign a pro contract with the club they're with - which is 16. And then other clubs can buy him for whatever.

We did it with Courtney Cameron. It makes sense that if they have a gem and know he will develop more than they can offer, then cash in on him. It's a big risk for Chelsea because of his age (Cameron was a lot older when we got him) but he could turn out ot be the english Messi. :D

Might make slightly more sense if they were 16 but at 11 it's just ridiculous.

Maybe not 21, but certainly not 11. I say 16. They should have to sign a pro contract with the club they're with - which is 16. And then other clubs can buy him for whatever.

Thing is, I'd guess this stuff happens all the time, it happened to me and 2 others. I don't think it's uncommon, the fact it's Chelsea I think makes it news.

Chelsea make it news but it's still worthy of discussion. It's just that people don't realise it's happening until someone like Chelsea does it and brings it to their attention.

I'm not sure, I think people tend to underestimate the value of first team football at a young age. If a lad is playing week in, week out at a decent level at 18/19, it would be better than playing in reserves IMO. Plus it gives an advantage to the clubs who develop players, they can benefit from their hard work for a few years then if the kid is good enough he can move on.

If you look at what all the pro's are saying these days, they give the impression that the young players think they've made it already. How often do those players make it to the first team? Not often in the big clubs like Chelsea.

So yeah, I think a good football education, and life education outside the premier league bubble, will do young players wonders and make them better professionals than some of the spoilt rotten players we see today.

So 21 it is for me. Don't forget that a footballers career lasts until he's around 35 on average, they have plenty of time to make it if they are good enough. Too much weight is put on young lads shoulders and this rule would stop that.

Well actually they did buy him which is a little different but as I said, you can't deny a young player the chance to move to better things.

When you 9/10 and you get spotted, you go to the first club that ask, unless you have parents who think your amazing and can do better. However I'm sure if you went to Northampton and then months later, realised you were better than everyone else and a lot of clubs wanted you, I'm sure it's best for everyone concerned to move on.

People talk about lack of English talent, yet you want youngsters to be denied the chance of the best footballing education they can possibly get?

When you 9/10 and you get spotted, you go to the first club that ask, unless you have parents who think your amazing and can do better

What if you have parents that think that 9/10 is much too young to be getting serious about football?

I'd never let me boy link up with a professional club at that age. If he's good enough when he gets older then they'll still be interested.

When you 9/10 and you get spotted, you go to the first club that ask, unless you have parents who think your amazing and can do better

What if you have parents that think that 9/10 is much too young to be getting serious about football?

I'd never let me boy link up with a professional club at that age. If he's good enough when he gets older then they'll still be interested.

Personally, I would be saying your making a big mistake. Most academies barely look for players once past 13/14. Of course there are exceptions but the younger, the more chance you have of progressing. It's always easy in football to tell who are the players who have been trained at an academy and one's that haven't.

The coaching makes a huge difference, I was at a pretty poor club really but before and after, I've never recieved any coaching even close to what I've had.

I don't even see a problem with joining an academy at a young age as long as you keep your kids grounded, I never once expected to make it and always concentrated on school studies before football. I had too! For your kid though, getting into an academy, watching your son learn and playing in a controlled environment when there is rarely bad tackles, no shouting from parents on the sidelines, the coaches are after performances rather than results and there is no league format. I don't see the harm. I've played both and I know which one I'd choose if I had to go back and do it all again.

What's your problem against it may I ask?

I think the only downfall is socially, if you play for a sunday team, you all live close, friends where as an academy, your split across a massive radius, Hereford, Birmingham, Cambridge, etc...all over.

Didnt Real Madrid sign an English lad when he was about 7 about 3 or 4 years ago.

Also was another English wonderkid at Ajax about 15 years ago who dropped out of game and hates football now. Cant remember any names.

Way too young to sign a player and should be illegal as puts lots of pressure on kids. Look at Freddy Adu

Nothing wrong, I'm sure the kid was happy to go, at that age, you want to play for the best teams and no doubt he'll become a better player because of the expert coaching he'll recieve.

I and a few others made a move from a SOE to an Academy for compensation fee's when we were 9. At that age, you sorta just agree to anything. As long as the kid's happy and both clubs are, don't see the problem. Unless you feel denying a young player a chance to move to one of the best clubs to recieve some of the best coaching is wrong..

At that age, there'll be no difference to the quality of coaching they'll receive.

Chelsea aint going to let their u12 side use their first team complex...

At that age, there'll be no difference to the quality of coaching they'll receive.

Chelsea aint going to let their u12 side use their first team complex...

No difference from quality, the gap between West Brom and Blues was big enough. We went from School of excellence, training twice a week on astroturf rented from a school to an Indoor 3G grass arena. Went from playing every couple weeks to fixtures every week. Went from having a coach who used to smoke and well wasn't exactly known in the football world. To have Paul Birch as a coach at Under 13's.

So I'd guess the gap from Northampton to Chelsea would be quite a big one and having been to Chelsea's training ground, their facilities and state of all pitches are all top class. Having played against them as well, the way they move they moved the ball, the way they played so intelligently, the way they played like you see their first team play, passing the ball, patiently even at the ages of 14/15, I'd have to say they seemed far better coached than our team. As well as having better players of course.

Robert Pires has set his sights on earning a contract with an English club after returning to London to train with Arsenal.

"England is probably the place where I have the more chances to find a club," he explained.

"In England, people don't look at your age. In Spain it was not the case, which is why I had to say goodbye.

"Even for a club like Birmingham or Stoke City? Of course, if I have an opportunity from Aston Villa, I will rush.

Not much relevance but thought id post it anyway.