Jez

hmm, I don't think we should deal with city again.

if we are REALLY adamant i'll take given but even then i'll give them a take it or leave it offer as they are too difficult to deal with.. rather look abroad as we have a great english squad which won't hurt with a couple of foreign signings imo.

So one will pick up a bargin if true. I have always liked Jo; wouldn't mind seeing him at the Villa.

Liked him doing what?

Hasn't he only scored one goal since being at Citeh? You can't like him for his goal scoring surely?

No more on his career before he got to Man City and the ability that he has on the ball, his movement and a gut feeling . I feel given a decent run in a team he will do well. Started to show some of his true form in a weaker Everton side.

He knows how to finish given the chance, some of his past exploits. You don't lose that ability just confidence. http://tiny.cc/9pf6q

I don't think he's great.

There is only Wayne Bridge on that list, I'd consider.

Well, Given as well.

Sorry I cant agree. Bridge is a truly awful player and Warnock is a lot better than him. id rather Jloyd Samuel than Bridge.

Given has looked poor in his Ireland games but maybe its rust

If Adebayor could be kept in check, he'd be an awesome signing for any club.

Might take a French speaking manager to dish out the right bollocking...

Wenger couldn't control him....

Yeah I realised what i'd written as soon as I pressed submit. Although in my defence, the season before he took the money and ran to Man City was his best in English football.

I would absolutely take Given from Citeh.

Friedel has some time left, but if it's a case of get Given in January or don't get him in the future, I'd take him in January even if it means Friedel loses his place.

Friedel deserves better than that IMO. Plus, Given is pretty shaky on crosses and there's a reason his place in the City side has been replaced by his understudy.

I agree Friedel deserves better, but as I said, if it was a choice between get him in January to replace Friedel, or let someone else snap him up and never get him, I'd take him in January.

He was replaced by Hart because Hart is a brilliant goalkeeper and will be city's goalkeeper for years if they want him. If they didn't play him in front of given then he'd want to leave and they'd lose a brilliant talent.

Just because Given isn't playing doesn't mean he's suddenly shit. He was singlehandedly winning City points when he was playing. He's a fantastic goalkeeper, and given the longevity of keepers these days he still has a good 5-6 seasons left in him. If he's available, and seeing as Brad's age will get the better of him sooner or later, i think we should look at getting him in.

Damn it, agree again. get Given, send Guzan out on loan for a full season, let the two experienced keepers fight it out for a place for a year until Friedel likely retires not end of this season but end of next and then by then Given will be getting on so the year out on loan, we can see how good Guzan really is.