Jez

Back to Oscar. If he is deemed of exceptional potential (yes it is that subjective) then exceptions can be made. As for Quinton Fortune. That truly was a mystery.

Not really. He was employed by Manchester United and that is all the explanation you will ever need. He is still at United as a coach btw. Fergie must like him or something.

Oscar to Chelsea confirmed

How did he get a work permit? He's only got 6 first team caps. Not enough for the 75% of games in the last 2 years criteria.

Are there exceptions for age?

Like if he hadn't been promoted to the first team because he's young but then played 6 games ion a row, would they view that as playing 100% of games that he's been "eligible" (for want of a better word) for?

Genuine question, I honestly don't know. And I don't know how spaced out those 6 caps are. Just thinking aloud.

i thought the 1st hearing purely looked at the % of games they had played over the last 2 years

once they fail the club can then appeal and they then look at the likely % they will play over the next 2 years, which is where his age would have come in to it, he would have pissed a work permit on appeal so realistically all they have done is saved some red tape

That's basically as I saw it. If it isn't black and white, which it sounds like it isn't on appeal, then anyone using their discretion would see that he's very likely to play a high percentage over the next 2 years.

Maybe someone's just pre-empted the inevitable appeal.

He is just keeping the dugout warm for Pep's arrival in 12 months time.

my gut feel is Christmas unless they are still in with a shout of winning the title

Oscar to Chelsea confirmed

How did he get a work permit? He's only got 6 first team caps. Not enough for the 75% of games in the last 2 years criteria.

Are there exceptions for age?

Like if he hadn't been promoted to the first team because he's young but then played 6 games ion a row, would they view that as playing 100% of games that he's been "eligible" (for want of a better word) for?

Genuine question, I honestly don't know. And I don't know how spaced out those 6 caps are. Just thinking aloud.

I believe there is a rule that if the player is considered an exceptional young talent, then he can be awarded a work permit. This rule allows young players with little international experience the chance to play in the best leagues and progress in their careers.

Still think chelsea are missing a Deep lying Playmaker..

I think lampard will play in a pirlo role

Hard to know what he'll do because I don't think Ramires will hold position but I'd play

Ramires - lampard

Hazard - mata - Oscar

I spose oscar and Ramires could switch but still that's ridiculously attacking

Gold and Sullivan up to their old tricks to shift tickets I see. Basically the noise coming from Upton Park is "We've stuck in a bid of £18m for Andy Carroll... although we're pretty sure he doesn't want to come here"

Ah I see.

I think Chelsea will push Man City for the title this season.

Far too much quality not to challenge.

I also expect Torres to have a stormer of a season.

agree on both counts though I think they desperately need a right back and a holding midfielder(Mikel isnt up to it)

I think they've made too many changes and I don't see RDM having the strength of character or the experience to do to pull them into a title winning side like Jose did when he arrived. I thin they will be there or there snouts and will get back in the CL but I don't see them being in the title race come the end of the season.

Really looking forward to seeing Chelsea play this year, particularly if they get someone like Hulk in aswell. I do agree with the scepticism over their title chances though. They still need someone like Khedira to play infront of the back 4, but I think they could provide great entertainment.