Jez

Cahill 1.5 million signing. would probably be harder to find a better deal for a guy that was so good for so long.

I remember on Sky Sports News saying we had snapped him up and was quite excited and then next week or 2 he signed for Everton :(

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports

Sky Sports understands Fleetwood Town are lining up a shock loan move for Joey Barton until January. We'll bring you more shortly.

This is so he serves his 12 match ban quicker. It stinks!

Does that mean he'll sign for Fleetwood purely to sit on their bench?

As in, will they want him to play any games for them as sort of compensation for taking him on to do nothing?

the usual bobbins about the young players learning from him.

"...And I find it's best to assault them when they're not looking, as that way it's less likely they'll know who's done it.

Also I'd recommend using long words on twitter so that some people confuse your pretentious wankerishness for intelligence and then they'll defend your childish shenanigans".

- Joey Barton

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports

Sky Sports understands Fleetwood Town are lining up a shock loan move for Joey Barton until January. We'll bring you more shortly.

But if the loan is until Jan, wouldn't that be long enough to serve a 12 game ban in the Premier League anyway? Or are you assuming they recall him early or something?

Sky Sports ‏@SkySports

But if the loan is until Jan, wouldn't that be long enough to serve a 12 game ban in the Premier League anyway? Or are you assuming they recall him early or something?

It'll either be a loan covering the 12 games (if that's legal?) or they'll recall him early. I don't know if this sort of thing has happened before. I hope the FA/PL mandarins block it.

You can loan a player for any amount of time I think. I am sure I have seen players (including some of our own) go on loan for one month. Why not three months?

He's supposed to be a little genius. Could be interesting. That is top dollar though. Liverpool really have shown themselves to be shit in the transfer market. If they lose £15m on Carroll that'd just confirm it.

Oscar to Chelsea confirmed

How did he get a work permit? He's only got 6 first team caps. Not enough for the 75% of games in the last 2 years criteria.

He must have a potential rating over 175...

Oscar to Chelsea confirmed

How did he get a work permit? He's only got 6 first team caps. Not enough for the 75% of games in the last 2 years criteria.

In a world where Quinton Fortune could repeatedly get a work permit despite being a bench warmer for both club and country anything is possible.